I carry big, bulky wallets that bulge out of my pockets. It especially looks unsightly when I wear a nice suit, and before long the leather is bent, scuffed. To be honest, it’s no wonder that I get embarrassed if anyone points it out. I needed to find something slim, compact, looked stylish and would offer me longevity, with enough space for all my cards and cash. This is how I discovered the Trayvax Element wallet would be ideal for me.
If you find traditional wallets bulky and unfashionable then you might find that a slimline design can be the best minimalist wallet for men. It could be an ideal option for you if you’re considering upgrading. These wallets improve the silhouette of your outfits, generally look more fashionable, all without too much limitation in what they allow you to carry. Minimalist wallets are ideal for those of us who only carry a few cards or a small amount of cash at any one time, but if you’re somebody who uses different credit cards daily, carry plenty of cash, or need to keep track of your invoices, you might be more suited to a stylish travel wallet or a large, high-quality billfold wallet instead.
If you’re interested in getting your hands on a minimalist wallet you should think about the number of cards and cash you need to have with you on a day to day basis, and the overall capacity of the wallet. You should also consider what style wallet you’d find the most appealing and what materials would suit your lifestyle. Most of all, you should consider which wallet would not only be practical, but also look great, and leave you feeling confident and turn heads when you reach into your pocket to buy the drinks.
The Trayvax Element wallet continues to uphold the brand’s reputation of delivering high quality, robust products that offer you stylish and practical apparel. Trayvax, along with high end wallet accessory competitors like Dango, lead the way in the market for rugged, functional accessories and are the clear leaders for some of the best slim wallets for men in 2018. The Element could be the ideal wallet for you if pride yourself on making every bit of space count and appreciate ergonomic design; but look elsewhere if you carry a lot of cards, as the capacity is understandably more limited than with larger wallets.
- Holds up to ten cards
- High quality frame and leather
- Integrated bottle opener and money clip holds up to five bills
- RFID shielded
- Lifetime warranty guarantee
- Lacks quick access for regularly used cards
- Window not adequate for photo ID
- Long break-in period initially limits capacity
- Not suitable to carry close to devices with screens
Trayvax Element Wallet
- Made in the USA
- Leather metal wallet fits 3-10 cards and 1-5 bills
- Rugged stainless-steel frame wrapped in top-grain oil-tanned leather
- Packed with features including integrated money clip, convenient bottle opener, RFID protection, and attachment point
- This high quality product is backed by a lifetime warranty.
Features and Benefits
The Trayvax Element presents you a modern, minimalist, yet rugged interpretation on a traditional leather wallet. Made in the USA, the core of this wallet is a stainless steel frame, bound in genuine leather that has been oil-treated, and secured by military specification parachute cord. Due to it’s strong construction this is not a flexible, pliable wallet; instead it is robust and durable, and is backed by a lifetime guarantee.
Despite this, the wallet is built to be slim and discreet in your pocket. It can hold between five to ten cards, and there are instructions included on how to soak and expand the leather for a snug, custom fit. Up to five bills can be secured under the integrated money clip, and held in place by the leather strap and heavy-duty popper. There is a cut out in the leather to allow you to slide your cards out easily with your thumb. The Element looks great and feels solid. It is versatile enough with the capacity for plenty of cards and cash, and guarantees longevity.
Stainless Steel Frame
Available in raw or black, the stainless steel frame offers incredible strength and durability, and is designed to outlast anything. With such strength at its core, your cards are well protected once inserted, and your cash secures well under the clip. One side of the wallet has exposed stainless steel that is shaped for grip, there is an integrated bottle opener making this a great utility to have on your travels. There is also an attachment point to which you can securely place keys, straps, or other items.
Leather and Cord
Trayvax uses a locally sourced leather that is premium top-grain quality. Natural oil-tanned leather as opposed to chemical, gives the material a luxurious, durable feel, and that great real leather scent. Cut to fit, the leather is tight and secure, but as it is all natural, it can be soaked and stretched to allow for a custom fit for all the belongings you’ll be carrying. The paracord binding is strong, durable, elastic, and adds to the reliability of the Element wallet .
Although the Element is rustic and classic in build and appearance, it has been constructed with modern technology in mind. Advancements in smart card technology and contact-less payment methods have unfortunately paved way for a new wave of identity theft and card fraud which also allows your personal information to be stolen electronically without anyone having to physically take your belongings. To combat this, the Element has an integrated radio frequency identification shield (RFID), to make you less susceptible to these kinds of crimes.
If you’re choosing to give the Trayvax Element as a gift, or just treating yourself, it does come in an attractive presentation box that is very sophisticated. The leather back panel is blank and ideal for branding or engraving, anything from your initials, to your favorite quote. You can make your Element wallet unique and stand out from the crowd.
The Trayvax Element wallet is a popular accessory and it wasn’t difficult to find testimonials about the product online. After a quick search on Google, I found that the wallet tends to receive favorable reviews especially when it came to the wallet’s design and quality. These positive evaluations are indicative that this rustic men’s money clip wallet could be considered one of the best around.
Dango Tactical EDC Wallet
Similarly priced to the Element, the Dango Tactical EDC Wallet offers a bit more utility. Handcrafted in the USA, this wallet consists of 6061 aerospace grade CNC’d aluminum and genuine top grain leather bolted together with military spec bolts – the wallet is slim, lightweight, and robust. In addition to being able to carry up to 12 cards and cash, the wallet comes with an integrated bottle opener, and a removable stainless steel multi-tool with 14 functions. This slim wallet could be perfect if you appreciate sleek design and gadgetry.
- 6061 aerospace grade CNC’d aluminum and genuine top grain leather bolted together with military spec bolts
- Removable 14 function multi-tool
- RFID shielded
- Holds up to 14 cards plus cash
Check the Dango Tactical EDC wallet out here .
Dango Tactical EDC Wallet – Made in USA – Genuine Leather, Multitool, RFID Block
- Designed to hold up to 12 cards (business or credit cards)
- Genuine top grain leather that is secured to the Dango Wallet chassis with mil-spec bolts.
- RFID blocking keeps your information secure
- Made from 6061 aerospace grade CNC’d aluminum, weighs just over 2 ounces
- Comes with Dango Multi-Tool: CNC-machined high carbon stainless steel with over 10 functions, including a saw, knife, paracord tensioner, 10/15mm hex, smartphone stand, nail pryer, ruler, etc. The multi-tool is easily removable from the wallet and can be either checked or left at home when traveling.
Trayvax Original Wallet
Stainless steel and military grade aluminum plates are held together with heat-resistant grommets. These plates are at the core of this sleek and robust wallet from Trayvax. Cheaper than the Element, the Original wallet is just as tough, and wrapped in military-spec paracord and elastic strapping. it offers unrivaled durability. Holding up to 14 cards and five dollar bills, the Original wallet is RFID shielded and has an integrated bottle opener. This could be the ideal utility wallet for men who appreciate durability.
- Stainless steel and military grade aluminum plates
- Bound with military spec paracord and elastic
- Holds up to 14 cards and five bills
- RFID shielded
Check the Trayvax Original wallet out here .
Trayvax Original 2.0 Metal Wallet
- Multi-functional, front-pocket tactical wallet with a slim profile and RFID-protection
- Features an easy access ID window, integrated bottle opener, durable pry bar, attachment point, and security clasp
- Anodized aircraft-grade aluminum (or high-pressure fiberglass laminate for the G10 option) front plate, stainless steel back plate, and MIL-SPEC paracord
- Money / pocket clip holds up to 15 cards and 20 bills
- Made in USA with a 65-year heirloom warranty
Trayvax Axis Wallet
Stainless steel and robust like the Trayvax Element, the Axis is bound with military-spec nylon instead of leather, but still offers robustness and durability. Less expensive than the Element, this wallet is slightly more versatile, as the paracord binding is adjustable allowing you to custom fit for your belongings. A capacity for up to 14 credit cards, and eight dollar bills, the Axis is RFID shielded and has a discreet coin pocket. Consider this wallet if you carry plenty of cards and want durable, modern protection.
- Two stainless steel plates
- Bound with military spec durable and versatile nylon and paracord
- Holds up to 14 cards and eight dollar bills
- RFID shielded
Check the Trayvax Axis wallet out here .
Trayvax Axis Wallet (Tumbled Stainless)
- Carry up to 14 credit cards securely between RFID-resistant, stainless steel plates.
- Stash up to 8 bills on the internal cash clip.
- Secure your carry with a wrap-around, MIL-spec nylon strap.
- Adjust the space between the plates with MIL-spec paracord for a custom fit.
- This high quality product is backed by a lifetime warranty.
If you’re looking for a slim, minimalist wallet, but find that most available don’t stand up to the conditions they’re put through, the Trayvax Element could be the ideal wallet for you. The stainless steel frame can withstand anything, all the while the leather and paracord binding is durable, versatile, and luxurious. It is designed to carry all of your essential cards in a snug fit while remaining stylish, low profile and practical. It’s the wallet you can rely on at the end of a hard day’s work.
If you think that the Trayvax Element wallet could be the right wallet for you, then you can check it out here .