Michael Jackson had it good. Life seems a lot less fun when there are no fans screaming hysterically as you moonwalk to Billy Jean, wearing what might be the most popular item in the history of hand-wear; a single sequin encrusted glove. But for us mere mortals, tactical gloves are essentially the real-life equivalent of that celebrity-owned pair.
Think about it.
With options like the PIG Full Dexterity Tactical Gloves, you can get protection, functionality and perhaps a little cheering if you decide to show-off a little impact resistance, or do some kick-ass gardening to the admiration of the old S.O.
Who says tactical gloves cannot measure up to the (mostly-aesthetic) competition?
Things to consider before Buying Tactical Gloves
One thing is clear, tactical gloves are in a league of their own. They might not be considered an aesthetic gem, but they provide military-grade dexterity and impressive functionality; not to mention, they satisfy that immutable desire you have to ‘SWAT’ up while going about mundane activities (that’s right, we know your alter-ego).
It is one thing to buy a pair of gloves that actually perform their function, but it is a whole other matter to buy one that doesn’t trade comfort for functionality. And if it works great but makes you a tad uncomfortable – isn’t it somewhat counterproductive?
Whether or not your hands feel at ease in your tactical gloves could be rooted in so many different factors; contouring, material and even breathability of the glove. Your best bet would be to ensure that these all match up to your needs before making a definitive choice. After all, your hands will most likely be stuck in them all day.
Dexterity is the quality that guarantees ease of use. And whether you are handling ammo or gardening shears, ease of use of your gloves is pivotal to your overall performance.
Consider the fit of your tactical gloves, as well as features like the padding and contour design. Combined, these elements will contribute to the immovability of the gloves.
Ultimately, the right gloves will feel not-too-different from your own hands. Any additional bulk will likely impede your ability to deliver, and whether you are a sniper trying to take down some bad guys; or just paintballing for fun, impediments are not amusing.
Ensure that your grip isn’t compromised by bulky material, contouring design or fit. Being able to hold on to things, is a critical part of a daily function, and it suffices to say, if anything restricts this, overall dexterity is precariously restricted as well.
Also, be on the look-out for fingerless designs, especially if your device or operation requires occasional contact with the finger itself. Whatever the case, you can’t go wrong with gloves that provide advanced grip.
PIG Full Dexterity Tactical Gloves
Patrol Incident Gear (PIG) went after a huge gap in the tactical glove market with their PIG Full Dexterity Tactical (FDT) Glove . These bad boys’ offer premium features including anatomical flexibility as well as conductive fingertips, all without compromising on the quality of dexterity and robust protection. From the finger and knuckle flexibility to its detailed and rigid design it is certainly clear that the FDT came to knock the competition out of the water and they most certainly did.
A few construction details stand out in this pair; attention to palm usage, impact resistance for knuckle protection, ventilation, and a feature that you don’t know you need until you have it – an elastic wrist that eliminates the nightmarish task of squeamishly squeezing into a pair of brand-new, snug gloves.
It sure seems like they thought of everything.
- Includes elastic wrist for easy slip-on
- Impressive dexterity
- Great grip plus, conductive fingertips
- Interior material may be a tad slippery depending on the device being handled
- For larger hands, even large sizes might seem a tad too snug.
PIG Full Dexterity Tactical (FDT) – Delta Utility Gloves …
- SPECIAL OPERATIONS PROVEN- PIG FDT Delta Gloves have been proven in combat by US Special Operations soldiers who require MAXIMUM dexterity for fast & accurate shooting with Rifle AND Handgun! The PIG FDT Delta (minimalist), Alpha (original) and Bravo (FR) Gloves have ALL been fielded by Special Operations Soldiers & Units. We even offer women’s specific versions (Charlie & Echo models).
- BAREHAND SHOOTING FEEL- Single Layer Multi-Piece Palm – Designed specifically so that only one layer of material contacts your shooting grip. The thinnest available material goes specifically on the trigger finger for ultimate sensitivity. Knuckle padding is thin enough to reach into your pockets- try doing that with your hard knuckle gloves- #nope
- OPERATE YOUR TOUCH SCREEN- Touch Screen Conductive Thumb and Trigger Finger material – Maximum reliability for Touch Screen use without losing tactile dexterity.
- COMFORTABLE & DRY HANDS- Roll-over fingertip design means no more jammed seams under your fingernails! The venting material on the inner fourschettes are ventilated for maximum wicking.
- TIE YOUR SHOELACES- Not trying to be facetious… This is a great test for dexterity. Most “tactical gloves” or “shooting gloves” don’t come close to the dexterity needed to shoot your Handguns fast and accurately, much less accomplish a complicated task like tying your shoelaces. PIG FDT Gloves provide you with the dexterity to do just that!
Features & Benefits
There is something about a pair of gloves that fits snugly around your fingers and palm, and molds seamlessly into your form; and everyone with an eye for tactical gloves agree that fit and dexterity are synonymous, a great almost always guarantees seamless movement and the PIG Full Dexterity Tactical (FDT) Glove gives credence to the fact.
Add the form-fitting nature of these gloves to its comfortable feel, and you have a pair of tactical gloves that can go anywhere with you without making you feel like a fish out of water. Plus, thanks to the paracord, elastic wrist, you can be assured that when you get down and dirty, those babies won’t begin slipping off, regardless of the situation.
Tactile Sensitivity & Touch Screen Compatibility
Tactical gloves that operate machinery without hassle are the dream. And it doesn’t even matter what kind of machinery, because, if it doesn’t perform optimally when typing on a computer keyboard, it will likely not do any better with military gear – maneuvering an actual trigger would be taking it too far.
The PIG Full Dexterity Tactical (FDT) Glove does a great job of tackling task after task regardless of its sensitivity or complexity. Additionally, the conductive material on both thumb and trigger finger means that touchscreen operation will be just as seamless; so, whether you are handling a rifle or computer keyboard, you have all the freedom you need for optimum performance.
Between its contouring and impressive joint and knuckle movement, the PIG Full Dexterity Tactical (FDT) Glove (FDT) Glove is probably one of the rarer tactical gloves that are tolerant of varying hand movements.
Thanks to this quality, both grip and functionality are undeterred. And with flexibility in all the right places, plus inner material ventilation, the comfort of your hands is basically guaranteed the second you buy yourself a pair.
Not quite sold on the PIG Full Dexterity Tactical (FDT) Delta utility Gloves? How about a run-down of a few other alternatives that each have a different focus?
- Best Heavy Duty Alternative: Mechanix Wear Covert Tactical Gloves
In the tactical gloves market, Mechanix is essentially considered a veteran. And they have sustained their high standing reputation by churning out military grade tactical gloves; the Mechanix Wear Covert Tactical Gloves is popular for unique qualities like the Mechanix signature TrekDry feature that keeps the gloves form-fitting and the hands comfortable. Additionally, the pair boasts a web loop and TPR closure all of which contribute to seamless dexterity. If you are looking for something that can take a beating without breaking the bank – this might be your best bet.
- TrekDry feature
- Impressive dexterity
- Form-fitting construction
- Durability could be improved.
Mechanix Wear – Original Covert Tactical Gloves (Large, Black)
- Form-fitting Trek Dry helps keep hands cool and comfortable.
- Flexible Thermal Plastic Rubber (TPR) closure provides a secure fit to the wrist.
- Industrial grade hook and loop.
Best Fashionable Alternative: FREETOO Tactical Military Gloves
Tactical gloves may not be worn for fashion, but we can all agree that it doesn’t hurt to have function and fashion; that is if we can afford both. And FREETOO Tactical Military Gloves proves that we don’t have to give one up for the other. These gloves are impressively rugged for a pair with such detailed construction. They function virtually anywhere providing an excellent grip, great dexterity and even a smart fit that leaves room for breathability and comfort. But between the gorgeous knuckle padding and beautifully tailored wristband, we have to admit that we were won over by the aesthetics rather than its functionality.
- You’ll be glad to show them off.
- Excellent breathability
- Military grade protection with rubber knuckles for impact resistance
- Inside, the plastic knuckles have no protective fabric
- The elastic band might be a little too snug
FREETOO Work Gloves Men Protection Gloves for Hiking Cycling Climbing Outdoor Camping Sports (Not Support Screen Touch)
- HEAVY DUTY GLOVES to protect your hands from abrasion and scratching in sports and activities demanding both protection and dexterity.
- FIT SNUGGLY into palm and all fingers, wrap tightly around wrist with adjustable wrist Velcro, not stiff, not bulky, allow movement and dexterity.
- BREATHABLE COMFORT achieved by odor-free breathable materials and functional vent design, comfortable to use in hot weather as well as in mild winter seasons.
- EXCELLENT GRIP with dual-layer synthetic leather palm featured by anti-skid gridding.
- RUGGED BUILD with reinforced palm and double stitching, intended for heavy use as work gloves, camping, hunting and other outdoor gloves. Quality guaranteed by at least 3 months warranty.
Best Fingerless Alternative: Seiberton Special Ops Fingerless Gloves
If you like the idea of fingerless gloves, consider the Seiberton Special Ops Fingerless Gloves . We’ll level with you, this pair does not provide half the protection of PIG Full Dexterity Tactical Gloves . In terms of heavy-duty function, even the FREETOO Tactical Military Gloves make a better option; however, if you are looking to find gloves to support palm-focused tasks, and provide moderate knuckle protection, this pair does a great job.
- Great impact resistance
- Adjustable wristband
- Reinforced palm protection
- Unsuitable for very low temperatures/heavy-duty activity
- Fingers are left vulnerable
Seibertron S.O.L.A.G 1/2 Finger/Fingerless/Half Finger Multi-Function Sports Gloves Black M
- Method for choosing the size,According to palm circumference not including thumb.
- XXS=Youth M(6.3″-6.7″,16cm-17cm);XS=Youth L(6.7″-7.1″,17cm-18cm);S=Youth XL(7.1″-7.7″,18cm-19.5cm)
- Centimeter data has less deviation than inch data
- Main Materials: Synthetic Leather, Polyester, PU, Neoprene and Nylon .Durability,Lightweight,Machine Wash
Consider tactical gloves the protective equivalent of cool umbrellas for the hands. They provide protection, keep away (unwanted) external moisture and shield your fingers from extremities – ultimately, their relevance cannot be overemphasized.
In your search for the best tactical gloves, keep in mind that you aren’t merely sifting through a slew of the best men’s hats or men’s leather gloves, the choice that you make for a tactical glove might determine whether or not you spend your life with both opposable thumbs. And the PIG Full Dexterity Tactical Gloves does a great job of ensuring this as much as possible – thus, our recommendation. If you decide to make a different choice, however, just remember that what matters, above all else is your safety and comfort – and, that is utmost in our mind.
How about a peek at the PIG Full Dexterity Tactical Gloves ?