Pause for a moment, and appreciate the ingenuity of your hands. You may not pamper them with frequent manicures or swathe them in the best winter gloves; yet, you have to admit that these bad-boys are the embodiment of unrelenting, selfless service.
Whether they are taking care of the other body parts or getting chores done, there is no argument that your hands always aim to please. But these unappreciated heroes aren’t the low maintenance duo that we often treat them as. All it takes is one mindless outdoor injury or a bout of frostbite to realize that if one of your ‘little piggy’s’ doesn’t return from the market. Of course, this could pose a few logistic problems (props if you get the reference).
Now, pause for a moment and imagine your life without the expedient ingenuity of your hands.
It is not fun, is it?
Well, that is where Mountain Made outdoor gloves come in.
Things to Consider Before Buying Outdoor Gloves
Looking to go shopping for outdoor gloves? Here are a few things to consider;
Consider Comfort & Functionality
We would like to comfortably rely on our gloves protective abilities no doubt. However, nobody likes an unwieldy pair of gloves that keep them from day to day function. I mean, some of us would rather risk frostnip and razor cuts than give up texting or gardening.
In terms of comfort, you want to find a glove that can mold into your hand and still allow a fair amount of functionality such that finger movement is not overly restricted. Also, consider elastic cuffs or zippers. When your gloves begin to wear from long-term use, you’ll need something to secure the glove in its place.
Consider The Weather
Outdoor gloves serve a variety of functions. Typically they combine a few features of the best winter gloves, tactical gloves, mechanical gloves, and a few other designs. This combination guarantees both protection and dexterity.
Trust us, standard winter gloves will be a tad frustrating to maneuver if you’re working outdoors. However, some outdoor gloves may not provide maximum warmth since they are designed to accommodate grip and finger movement. Whatever the case, the weather is a critical part of what your final choice is; and if you invest some time in research you can find a worthy pick.
Consider Protection & Water Resistance
Again, if you’re wearing outdoor gloves, in the spring, summer, fall or winter, your top-most priority must be providing protection for your hands. So whether it is protection from damage caused by work tools or operating machinery, your gloves must be fully capable of taking a punch – much like tactical gloves.
Similarly, being waterproof may prove to be an added convenience if your gloves are active wear. You never know when you’ll be at the mercy of rain, snow or even early morning dew; in this case, you’ll probably need all the dry warmth you can get.
Mountain Made Outdoor Gloves for Men & Women
There is nothing quite like gloves that can seamlessly alternate from activewear to winter wear with ease. This outdoor glove by Mountain Wear makes an excellent choice overall. Especially if you’re looking for something that can keep the frostnip at bay while allowing maximum grip and movement that may be somewhat unique to tactical gloves.
We wouldn’t rank this pair along with the best winter gloves, but even though its focus is on providing protection from outdoor extremities. It does a pretty decent job of providing warmth, and yet doesn’t compromise on maneuverability and comfort. And with its sporty, yet chic design, you won’t be too quick to whip them off even when you make it indoors.
- Unisex, sporty design
- Molds seamlessly around palms, providing great grip and amazing support
- The ingrained pad on the glove’s fingers allows for touch-screen operation
- It’s zipper clutch tightly like magnetic collar stays, allowing it stay fastened to your wrist.
- In lower, frosty temperatures, this glove may not provide enough warmth for some people.
- It is not water resistant, however, it dries quickly and isn’t overtly absorbent that it doesn’t keep your hands dry in a light drizzle.
Features & Benefits
By now you are probably sold on the perks of the mountain made outdoor gloves. However, we figure if we are going to convince you to snuggle up to those ‘piggy’s’ and perhaps tuck those fancy lady bracelets or cufflinks for men beneath this pair, we should make it worth your while. Here are a few great features and benefits of the Mountain Made outdoor gloves;
Mountain Made outdoor gloves are made with a combination of fabrics that are guaranteed to give you the best glove-wearing experience imaginable. Polyester, spandex, and rubber do not merely combine to provide protection and dexterity; they also ensure that your palms stay fairly aerated, and even in humid/damp, conditions the gloves will dry absorbed moisture pretty quickly.
The Mountain Made outdoor gloves unique 6:6:88 rubber, spandex, and polyester ratio means guaranteed breathability and durability. And even if you cannot count on 100% waterproof protection if you’re ever caught in the rain, at least you are sure that you won’t be carting around two soggy gloves for very long; and yes, that counts for something.
What is the most frustrating thing about wearing gloves?
That’s right, your sudden inability to clutch tightly to objects or surfaces.
Mountain Made outdoor gloves tackles this problem with its textured surface and a firm rubbery feel that guarantees a sturdy grip.
Ultimately, it doesn’t matter if you’re holding on to your bicycle rim or clutching on to the side of a rock for your dear life, with this pair, you at least have the guarantee that you won’t slip and fall flat on your face. Not to mention, these gloves won’t be sliding off your wrists either thanks to its securely designed zipper ensuring that the pair stays in place while you get into action.
Touch-Screen Compliant Fingertips
Admit it. You often contemplate if staying warm is more important than texting your friend for the juicy details of some news. Being outdoors in the winter occasionally leaves you wondering if losing your finger(s) isn’t worth that one gentle stroke of your phone’s touchscreen.
Well, your days of mulling over these choices are over, with the Mountain Made outdoor gloves you do not need to take off your gloves to navigate your touchscreen and we dare say that the inventor of that conductive pad deserves a few thousand medals.
The materials used for designing regular outdoor gloves are notorious for blocking skin conductivity, making phone navigation a nightmare. The Mountain Made outdoor gloves are equipped with conductive pads on the index fingers and thumbs so that you never have to go another freezing second without scrolling down your timeline.
Stretchy, Comfy & Lightweight Feel
These gloves are not bulky. Unfortunately, this also accounts for its lack of sufficient warmth in lower temperatures but, as we mentioned earlier, it isn’t particularly one of the best winter gloves available.
This notwithstanding, its lightweight feel enhances functionality and maneuverability. And with rubber contributing to stretch and comfort, fitting is seamless and the grip is enhanced. At the end of the day, we really can’t say that we miss the bulk.
Mountain Made Cold Weather Genesis Gloves for Men & Women, Medium, Black
- Windstopper outdoor sports touch screen gloves
- Fabric: 88% polyester, 6% spandex, 6% PVC rubber
- Absorbent and quick drying comfort lining, multi-directional stretch for active use, anti-bacterial treatment to eliminate odor
- Zipper design for adjust fitting, comfort, warmth, strong heat preservation, super hand feel, super light and super breath freely
- Recommended at 32° or warmer, see sizing chart below
These Mountain Made outdoor gloves not what you are looking for? How about you consider one of these three alternatives –
Best Winter Gloves Alternative: SkyDeere Winter Running Gloves
If you are looking for something that can guarantee a little more warmth in cold weather, we recommend the SkyDeere Winter Running Gloves . Fair warning: it doesn’t have the conductive pad of the Mountain Made outdoor gloves or its lightweight feel. But you can be sure that its signature warm polar fleece and deerskin leather blend will keep your hands from chills; that is, without the inconvenience of sweat or discomfort.
And you might not have the firm rubbery grip of the Mountain Made outdoor gloves, but at least you’ll be able to latch on to your favorite Ember temperature control mug. If it keeps you warm and lets you drink a hot beverage, what else could you possibly want in a pair of gloves?
SD8662T(M) – SKYDEER Winter Running Gloves with Soft Premium Genuine Deerskin Suede Leather and Warm Windproof Polar Fleece
- Gift – Time-limited promotion! – Buy 1 save 10%off (only need $15.99). The SKYDEER genuine deerskin suede glove is warmth and comfort, and the stylish modern look perfect fit for men & women & teens. It will be a great gift for your families, friends and workmates to play together in winter sports. It makes you possible to get out and enjoy the cold!
- Premium Genuine Deerskin Leather Suede is naturally soft and flexible, with moderate abrasion resistance. And the polar fleece back is windproof, comfort and warmth. All materials are skin friendly and moisture wicking layers inside keeps your hands sweat free.
- 3M Thinsulate Insulation protects your hands while you’re out working in cold temperatures.It helps trap hands heat, while allowing moisture to escape. Keep the hand temperature to the maximum extent possible.
- Double shirred elastic wrist keeps the glove closed around your skin and keeps dirt, debris, snow and cold wind out in winter outdoor sports. Keep your hands warm as much as possible.
- Suitable for Outdoor Casual & Clothing Collocation & Work. Premium genuine deerskin suede glove is very beautiful, comfortable and high grade. Perfect for cold winter casual, riding, driver, hiking, running, bicycling, shoveling snow, landscaping, DIY projects, Cross-Country skiing, snowmobile and other winter outdoor activities.
Best Lightweight Alternative: HighLoong Compression Sport Running Gloves
If you prefer something lightweight – especially for running in those late January days or early fall weekends, the HighLoong Compression Sport Running Gloves is an option you should consider.
Again you can’t count on this for warmth on cold winter days, but for the safety of protecting your hands from stray bristles while fleeting through your favorite running path, and for the comfort of knowing you are safe from possible frostnip, this glove is not a bad option at all; And all for under $15? I say it’s a steal.
Compression Lightweight Sport Running Gloves Liner Gloves- Black – Men & Women(S)
- Lightweight 4-way stretch fabric
- Perfect fitting, very comfortable and flexible
- Super fine fleece Thumb
- Double layer cuff
- 3 sizes for men and lady
Best Heavy-lifting Alternative: OZERO Flexible Utility Gloves
Anybody with some insight into the glove market knows OZERO , And their OZERO Flexible Utility Gloves , are virtually everything you want in a glove and more. Like the Mountain Made Outdoor Gloves it combines features unique to some of the best winter gloves and best utility and tactical gloves to provide a snug fitting option that can alternate through a variety of functions.
However, the OZERO Flexible Utility Gloves takes things up a notch by providing the kind of dexterity and impermeability that makes this pair capable of taking a punch. So, whether it is an outdoor activity, or indoor DIY and mechanical repair, the Ozero makes an excellent sidekick. Do magnetic collar stays provide that much functionality? I bet not.
Mechanics Gloves with Genuine Deerskin Leather Palm and Sensitive Touch Screen Fingertips – Breathable and Snug-fit for Work, Gardening, DIY, Mechanics – Women and Men (Yellow,X-Large)
- We fully consider the security and durability of this work gloves in designing,the genuine deerskin suede leather of the thickness of 0.6mm-0.8mm offer the work gloves wear resistance, piercing resistance and compression resistance for gardening ,house chores, car repairs, cycling and other light duty.
- These working gloves have anti-skid deerskin palm and micro-elastic fabric back sewn together with thin and stretchy nylon, providing superior grip on various tools when working, also improving the accuracy of grasp.
- Lightweight work gloves are made by micro elastic nettings and deerskin side, breathable mesh to reduce sweat,also the nature leather absorbs sweat to keep it away from your skin.Double ventilation to keep your hands cool.
- Sensitive touch screen design for smart phone, iPad and tablet PC – Never miss a call with these gardening gloves which have touchscreen fingertips on the right index finger and thumb. Easy to operate your cellphone, send a text or change your music while working in your garden or cycling in the road.
- Perfect fit for Women and Youth – If you are not happy with the gloves, we will provide a full refund.
When it comes to choosing gloves and mittens, it is easy to be fooled by the idea that anything will serve the purpose; That is until you end up with a bulky, ill-fitting option that either leaves your palm sweaty or does a terrible job of keeping you warm, protected or dry.
The Mountain Made Outdoor Gloves for Men & Women will no doubt do an excellent job of providing you with the kind of premium protection that your hands deserve. But don’t take our word for it – check the pair out, and see for yourself.
What do you say?