The surest way to become a social outcast is to invite people to an off-the-grid location and forget something small but crucial; like a knife, a can opener or the box of matchsticks you were repeatedly told not to forget. You are more than likely to get a barrage of judgmental stares that will leave you reconsidering all your life choices; and perhaps, melt the skin off your face. Of course, you could just read our review on the best wallet multi tools and save yourself the possibly petrifying embarrassment of explaining why you are so forgetful; but that part is entirely dependent on whether or not you value your social identity.
Take a moment and ponder what it would be like to be the guy with the tool that saves the day…
…Feels good, doesn’t it?
About Wallet Multi-tools
Wallet multi tools are essentially the 21st century equivalent of Swiss army knives. No, not like the Swiss Tech multi-tool, they are EDC tools that slide right into your wallet because of their sleek credit-card like construction and design. But unlike credit cards that only help you rack up the bills, wallet multi tools provide everyday solutions. They make excellent go-everywhere repairmen and come in handy with both basic tasks like opening bottles, or more precarious situations like self-defense.
Finding the Best Wallet Multi Tools
If you have ever gone wallet multi tool shopping, then you probably know that the market is streaming with different variations of credit-card multi tools with holes punched into them. Sure, we like to unscrew stuff, but certainly not enough to have an entire card dedicated to it. Heck, who gets a credit card that can only pay for nuts and bolts?
Look for Value:
Like with most EDC tools, finding the best wallet multi tools will require looking for tools with the most utility and versatility. No doubt, there are a few more options if all you want is something to unscrew a lug with, but there are also pocket multi-tools that incorporate everything from can openers to knives. It is a question of determining what features that are potentially more useful to you and selecting a tool that fits the bill.
Look for Something That Can Take a Punch:
Beyond the features of your tools, you must also be concerned with quality materials and durability. With credit card tools being so flat, they have the small likelihood of breaking under pressure. By choosing a wallet multi-tool with a sturdy build and quality materials, you can be rest assured that it will serve its purpose seamlessly. And more importantly, it will last a long time.
Don’t be Afraid to Splurge:
Not quite sure if you want to spend the big bucks on your credit card tool? Well, consider your multi tool an investment. More often than not, it will eventually prove to be worth the splurge; especially if you find yourself in a tight corner. Ultimately, your multi-tool must conveniently meet your needs. Anything short of this would mean that the purpose of its purchase is defeated.
Best Wallet Multi tool
We selected our top picks based on ingenuity and durability. If you are looking to find the best wallet multi tool, this list of 10 ingenious flat fixers will certainly have something with your name on it.
United Cutlery Kommando Pocket Rescue Tool
We begin our roundup with a multi tool astutely named after the 1985 onscreen demi-god and one-man army –Commando . And no, it isn’t just a marketing ploy to appeal to your superhero alter ego. This pocket rescue tool by United Cutlery is fully furnished with survivalist features guaranteed to come in handy if you ever woke up in the middle of the tropical rainforest or a desert. Quite simply, this multi tool will do everything short of flying a rescue chopper to you or letting you up a ladder; it is just that good.
By now, you probably realize that if all you need is something to pop open food cans or gently clean your nails then this isn’t the tool for you. Sure it has a bottle and can opener, but it also comes with ASE wrenches, wire strippers, an inclinometer, blade and a screwdriver. To top things off, its winning feature is an emergency nylon cord, complete with an accompanying morse code sheet with emergency word ‘SOS’ etched into it by laser.
So, unless you want a fully equipped one-card army to open your mail, it might not be your best pick. If however, you get into trouble frequently and you are likely wake up smack-dab in the middle of the Atlantic, you might want to get one for all your outfits. You never know when your weird neighbor Mike, will decide to pawn you off to high-sea militia for poking fun at his wife. Just saying…
- Basically a carry-on survival toolbox
- Useful for both basic needs and precarious situations
- Multiple cutting edges
- Its nylon cord is okay but not great; consider switching it out with a paracord
- Morse code for ‘Help’ is not useful since it is incorrect.
United Cutlery C2860 M48 Kommando Pocket Rescue Tool
- It is the size of a credit card and fits easily into any wallet
- Each tool offers a variety of tools for anything you could possibly think of and a section of nylon cord wrapped around it for emergency use
- It also features a laser etch of the morse code of SOS and HELP in case you need to signal for rescue
- Each PRT also includes a waterproof carrying case with a double-sealing closure and a durable nylon neck lanyard
- Includes: 4 wire strippers, 4 ASE wrenches, bottle opener, can opener, screwdriver head, emergency cord, knife blade, inclinometer
Tuls Roul Titanuim
Tuls multi tools are popular for being designed to cater to specific audiences. The Tuls Lucy is known to be quite handy for automobile and general machine repair and maintenance while the Tuls Ollie is designed for a little bit of everything; from standard repairs to everyday measurements. Like its counterparts the Roul Titanuim is repair, maintenance and measurement focused. It is outfitted with features that make woodwork, specifically, a breeze.
From sizing nobs to transferring angles, theRoul Titanuim seems to have a solution to every carpentry related concern. With tools like a rod stock, standard gauge, plum bob and protractor, this multi tool could very well make an excellent addition to your tool box. Sure, it isn’t the choice for every guy, if it’s not your cup of tea you might consider leatherman tread bracelet or even Gerber multi-tool; but where woodworkers/carpenters are concerned, this could be the best thing since nail guns.
- Includes tools and features that are rare
- Sleek, sturdy and portable
- It’s use is very streamlined.
Tuls | Roul Titanium – credit card sized compact pocket tool
- Laser cut titanium
- Permanent laser etched graphics
- Credit card sized – fits in your wallet
- Conforms to TSA guidelines
Victorinox Swiss Card Lite
Multi tool enthusiasts know Victorinox as the go-to name for Swiss army knives and off-the-racket keychain multi tools.
But imagine having a Swiss army card multi-tool… That’s right, it is pretty unimaginable.
Victorinox swiss card successfully brings our outlandish imaginations to reality with their Swiss card lite. It boasts 13 features and that unique stamp of authentic Swiss manufacturing that makes Swiss army knives so endearing. All this, complete with the signature red coat and Logo
Now, this is a card that will definitely come in handy in everyday use. From filing down your nails to gently ripping your mail apart or even tweezing those stray brow hairs, you’ll be surprised at just how far this multi-tool can go. Unlike the United Cutlery Kommando Pocket Rescue Tool it won’t come guns blazing if you’re ever lost in a desert, and it will certainly not thrive in carpentry like Roul Titanuim , but as an everyday guy, this is card you want by your side if you find yourself needing to take some notes, tighten a stray screw or pick your tooth; it is versatility at its finest.
- Versatile, with 13 outfitted features
- Reliable, time-proven manufacturing
- Varying types available
- It isn’t particularly ‘tough’
Victorinox Swisscard Lite Pocket Tool, Onyx
- Compact and sturdy
- The world’s most know brand for multi-tools and pocket knives
- Made is Switzerland
- New LED mini white light; 18,000 MCD
- Reddot design award winner 2004 for design quality, innovation in form and function
SOG Logic Credit Card Companion
If you have been card-tool shopping long enough, you have probably gotten the option of the SOG logic credit card companion thrown in your face a few times. Here is why the logic tool is so popular; it offers an interesting blend of both everyday tools and survivalist features, so that it can seamlessly alternate between varying situations, depending on your immediate need.
The Logic credit card companion will provide you with tweezers, a bottle opener, toothpick, an 8x magnifying glass and a 2 inch blade knife without the usual bulk, all on its 2-inch-thick and 3m-long surface area. Between its compass and serrated knife blade alone, the Logic card makes a great travel companion. And whether it is daily grooming or just everyday quick-fixes, it still comes in handy.
- Houses up to 9-features without the usual bulk
- Serves a variety of functions
- Both the lens and compass reportedly have limited functions
- Made with ABS plastic
Tool Logic Credit Card Companion with Lens/Compass CC1SB – 9 Tools, Black, 2″ Blade
- Ultra-compact multi-tool in shape of credit card
- Just 2.125″ thick and 3.375″ long, weighing only 1.4 ounces
- Made from durable ABS plastic
- Please remove the knife from the tool for compass to work as the metal can interfere with the compass.
- Credit card holder with (9) essential tools for every day jobs
Nite Ize Financial Tool Money Clip Wallet
Have you ever wondered whether you would be more efficient with a minimalist wallet? Or do you simply thrive on the chaos that erupts from having a bulky, overstuffed wallet that is inches away from exploding? Well,Nite Ize helps to answer that question with their financial tool money clip wallet. This is not so much a wallet as it is a pocket multi-tool. It is basically a credit-card sized stainless steel (mesh) plate, with a cash strap and outfitted tools that can be used for a variety of functions.
Our biggest obsession with the financial tool is perhaps its width. Besides being thin, it is also free of the sharp edges that are a common denominator with tools of this size and function. for every minimalist traveler, this means an easy to carry, TSA friendly tool that serves as a wallet, bottle opener, wrench, screwdriver and ruler. Seriously, what has your bulky wallet ever done for you – besides nearly throw out your back?
Nite Ize Financial Tool Money Clip Wallet, Minimalist Wallet, Money Clip and Credit Card Holder Combo, With 7-In-1 Multi Tool in Stainless Steel, Black
- MONEY CLIP WALLET – The coolest tool you’ll ever pocket, the Nite Ize Financial Tool is a money clip wallet, minimalist wallet, money clip and credit card holder combo plus 7-in-1 multi-tool all in one.
- 7-IN-1 MINIMALIST WALLET – Go minimal in size, weight and style, and maximum on functionality. 7-in-1 multi-tool minimalist wallet includes: Cash Wrap strap, scraper, bottle opener, 3 wrenches, flathead screwdriver, Phillips screwdriver/tape cutter, metric and imperial ruler.
- DURABLE MONEY CLIP METAL – Forged from heat-treated stainless steel with a black, anodized coating, this durable money clip metal won’t bend, won’t break, and will never let you down.
- SUPER STRONG STRAP – The Financial Tool money clip for men or money clip for women features a secure Cash Wrap Strap. Don’t be deceived by its sleek look – the high-tensile strength strap doesn’t lose its stretch and won’t weather or wear over time.
- SLIM AND COMPACT – The Nite Ize slim and compact minimalist wallet money clip and credit card holder weighs a mere 1.16oz (33g) and measures 3.6″ x 2.3″ x 0.14″ (90.5mm x 58.5mm x 3.5mm).
Cha-o-Ha EDC Card Multi-tool
With a name like ‘Cha-O-Ha ’ it is slightly hard to believe that this multi tool was designed to military grade standard. The reality however, is that it was – which is probably why you shouldn’t take anything at face value.
…Or maybe you should, given its tactical construction and military-style design.
Surprisingly, and in spite of its somewhat jagged corners, this tool is TSA compliant. Its features include multiple hex drivers and an imperial ruler, bottle opener, screwdriver and a pry bar which is an unusual tool to be incorporated into a card multi tool; but at only 2oz this S35VN stainless steel tool proves that versatility, portability and functionality can all sit at one table, providing you with all the convenience you so desire. And, as a plus, you may choose to attach it to your key ring or stash it in your wallet – pretty cool right?
- It is basically a wallet
- Lightweight, thin, durable
- Made from rust resistant stainless steel.
- Some of its features make it impractical for wallet-related functions; like keeping credit cards or ID.
- Light-weight and versatile
- Can be attached to your key ring
- Comes with retention nubs
- Sometimes, its edges reportedly ‘catch’ just before use.
Cha-O-Ha Design EDC Card Multi-Tool
- Made out of S35VN Stainless Steel
- 23 Hex Wrenches – Metric and Imperial
- Screwdriver, Bottle Opener, and different size Wrenches are among some of the tools on this card!
- Fits in your wallet!
- Made in the USA
Boker Plus Credit Card Knife
You always knew you could have a credit card tool and a blade, and you always knew you could have a multi tool with a knife; but, did you know you could have both?
Here is what you should know about the Boker plus credit card knife – it is a real knife.
It is not the ‘0.5 inch blade that is attached to some credit card tools, nor is it the serrated knife edge that some wallet multi tools often incorporate for added convenience, it is an actual 3mm knife that can slip right into your wallet without notice.
The knife is made of rust-resistant 440c stainless steel and is 5 inches wide with an ergonomic handle. It was manufactured with titanium liner and is accompanied by a chain neck carrier – so that it is both suitable for neck and wallet carry (don’t worry, it has a folding lock). Over all, it will make a great tool for ripping packages open or even self-defense keychain; and if your wallet isn’t already stuffed, you could be walking around with a knife, hidden in plain sight.
- Gives that authentic knife feel
- Sleek and portable design
- Durable materials and construction
- It is not TSA compliant; are you surprised? It is a knife.
BOKER Plus 01BO010 Credit Card Knife with 2-1/4 in. Straight Edge Blade, Black
- Titanium liner
- 2-1/4 in. straight edge constructed of 440C stainless steel
- Can be worn in shirt pocket or carried in wallet
- Includes ball chain for neck carry
- 2-1/4 in. blade length. 2-3/4 in. closed length. 1.1 oz. weight
Wallet Ninja 18-in-1 Multi-purpose Credit Card Pocket Tool
The best thing about the wallet Ninja is perhaps, the fact that like a real-life ninja, it is ready for just about anything; and as a plus, it is always dressed for the occasion.
If you have an eye for style and appreciate having a tool within reach, there are a few wallet multi tool options that may not take you into consideration. The wallet ninja does.
It features a slew of functions including a bottle opener, wrench, letter opener, ruler and up to 4 screwdrivers. It is made from resilient, heat-treated steel which guarantees its durability and rust resistance, and its profile is just sleek enough to slide into your wallet and yet thick enough that it can take a punch without succumbing to pressure. So, whether you are simply kicking back, and ripping open some packages, or you’re getting some screws tightened on your machinery, this tool will deliver on its promise to provide convenient assistance.
- Made with heat-treated steel
- Versatile features & sleek exterior
- Jagged edges
Wallet Ninja 18 in 1 Multi-purpose Credit Card Size Pocket Tool
- World’s First 100% Flat Multi Tool (18 in 1) and fits in your wallet with credit cards
- Made from 4x heat treated steel
- Great for: Repairmen, mechanics, carpenters, hobbyists, boat owners, campers
- Lifetime guarantee to never rust, bend, or dull
Pocket Monkey Basic
How did we manage to suddenly begin discussing ninja’s and monkeys? Well, ninja’s are swift, monkeys are smooth – and wallet multi tools are all these things and then some.
The pocket money is sleek in a lot of ways, but one of its features guaranteed to appeal to anyone who has been poked and jabbed by a pocket, keychain or wallet multi tool are its smooth edges. The pocket money comprises basic everyday tools that will serve anyone – from opening mail to measuring values or peeling fruit. But more importantly, its sides are so smoothly rounded out that it can be taken just about anywhere whether you choose to put it in your bag or wallet.
…The best part? It makes a great companion for a suburban dad but is also useful for an auto-head or lumberjack thanks to its latch slip and multiple screwdrivers. And to sweeten the deal, the pocket monkey comes with an earphone cord wrap so that you never have to tangle up those wires again.
- Smooth curves
- Comes with an earphone cord wrap
- It is not TSA compliant
- The Original, made in the USA!
- 3 Screwdrivers (Flat, 2D phillips, micro)
- 6 nested hex wrenches (standard)
- bottle opener, letter opener, orange peeler, and more!
- 1mm thin and only 0.6 ounces
Lever Gear Tool Card
We wouldn’t dare complete our round-up without reference to the veteran of the wallet multi tool market – the Lever Gear Tool card . The winning feature of this multi tool is the fact that it has 40 tools – that’s right, 40! That is the number of tools on at least 5 credit-card tools; how does anyone even compete with that?
This tool can go anywhere; from the automobile shop to the carpentry workshop; Even just lounging around in your garden on a lazy day; the Lever gear tool card will always find a way to make itself useful.
It is light, crafted from rust-resistant stainless steel and with a money clip or band, you may very well ditch your entire wallet thanks to its expansive surface area – and all this at a competitive price too; no doubt, this option is mesmerizing.
- Has over 40 tools
- Portable design and can double as a wallet with a money clip
- Made with rust-resistant steel
- Having so many features puts some of the tools at risk of being obsolete – with one tool getting in the way of another.
Lever Gear Toolcard Pro w/Clip – 40 in 1 Credit Card Multitool. Sleek Minimalist Stainless Steel Wallet Card and Money Clip – Bead Blast Silver
- 40 tools into a 1 ounce, credit card-sized multi tool
- Slips easily into your wallet or it can be your wallet
- Included money clip snaps on/off in seconds without tools or fasteners
- Complies with TSA carry-on rules
- Made in the USA
When it comes to finding the best wallet multi tool, we can’t pretend that it is a walk-in-the-park. How do you decide between a 40-tool tool card like the Lever Gear Tool Card or a one-card army like the United Cutlery Kommando Pocket Rescue Tool ?
How can anyone even make a decisive decision when the option is between the swift Pocket Monkey Basic and the sleek Wallet Ninja 18-in-1 Multi-purpose Credit Card Pocket Tool ?
Case in point; choosing is hard. The only thing that might make it a tad easier is this; determine what your current priorities are, and make a choice that aligns with your current needs. As long as your needs are met per time, your choice will be the right choice. That is, no matter what pop-culture dictates or what our opinions are; they are expert opinions though, so you might want to hold them to heart.
So, I guess what we are trying to ask is, what exactly do you need right now?