Spending time outdoors is essential for our well-being. Whether it’s running, cycling, fishing, or any other kind of outdoor activity, both our minds and bodies get a chance to reset through them. Especially nowadays, when most of us are tied to our chairs and laptops for more than eight hours a day. However, being exposed to certain external elements, like the sunlight, for long periods of time, does take a toll on our bodies. Most notably, our eyes. That’s why having a pair of best polarized sunglasses for men on you during those activities is of utmost importance.
To my reasoning at least, there’s no need to risk developing cataracts, pterygium, corneal sunburns, or any other form of an eye ailment. Even though it takes a lot of exposure before these issues could even start emerging, keeping your eyes protected with some of the best polarized sunglasses for men would be a smart thing to do. Therefore, I’ve decided to briefly run through some of the most important things you should know about these accessories, as well as countdown my top ten picks for best polarized sunglasses for men today!
Stuff to Know About Polarized Sunglasses
Even though we tend to focus only on the coolness and the aesthetic appeal of sunglasses, let’s not forget that these pieces of eyewear serve a practical and protective purpose as well. What I’m basically trying to say is, let’s stop treating sunglasses like men’s neckties and bowties for men! Here are some of the things everybody should know about the best polarized sunglasses for men.
What are the Polarized Sunglasses?
Polarized sunglasses are accessories with specialized lenses and coating which help efficiently reduce glare. That’s the thing about the sun. Just because you’re not looking at it, that doesn’t mean that its UV rays can’t affect you. In fact, sunrays bounce off of almost all shiny surfaces surrounding you. Whether it’s water, asphalt, or glass. Needless to say, the more you’re eyes are exposed to both UVA and UVB rays (which have longer lengths than UVC which are the most harmful ones) the greater the risk of developing an eye condition. That’s where best polarized sunglasses for men come in handy. They do a great job of reducing the glare and keeping your vision intact in the harshest and brightest conditions. All runners will attest to this. Atop of that, the chances of experiencing eye fatigue is severely diminished.
What Makes the Best Polarized Sunglasses for Men?
As you might expect, there are plenty of factors which widen the gap between decent sunglasses and the top tier ones. Here’s what they are:
Lenses are, undoubtedly, the most important part of any pair of sunglasses, let alone polarized ones. Today, there are three main lens types to choose from. You can either have standard plastic, Polycarbonate, or High-Index lenses. Of course, not all of them provide the same level of protection.
- Standard plastic lenses – As you might expect, these provide the least amount of UV protection. Also, they are these are the cheapest ones to produce. These are perfect for those times when you desperately need a pair of sunglasses but still don’t have enough money to purchase quality ones. Basically, these work as transition sunglasses.
- Polycarbonate lenses – If your budget isn’t exactly solid, but you do have some cash to spend on a pair of sunglasses, Polycarbonate is a good choice to make. These lenses provide a decent amount of UV protection, they are scratch and shatter-resistant, and they often come with raindrop protection as well. Lastly, they are much thinner and stronger than standard plastic ones.
- High-Index lenses – If you’re a kind of person who takes his eyewear pretty seriously, then High-Index should be your only choice. This material is the most advanced one, the thinnest and most impact-resistant. Plus, it provides the ultimate UV protection. However, it does come at a price. A price unacceptable to some.
Apart from the lenses, sporting a pair of sunglasses with a solid frame should also be among your top priorities. Now, the market is overflowing with a million different frame types. Some are more durable and comfortable than others. Here are some of the most common ones found on the market today:
- Acetate frames – This frame type is perfect for those who are looking to fashion-up their eyewear. Acetate doesn’t provide too much flexibility, as it’s a special kind of plastic, but it does come in an astounding variety of colors. All in all, it’s not a great choice for sports activities but it works wonderfully for fashion purposes.
- Metal frames – Probably the most common material found among the best polarized sunglasses for men. Metal is great because it provides a lot of adjustability and flexibility. Making it great for outdoor activities. However, compared to other materials, it’s not the most long-lasting out there. However, the biggest practical issue with metal frames is that they tend to get properly hot if left exposed to the sun.
- Nylon frames – If your main concern is durability and ruggedness, I guess you’ll have to settle for a nylon frame. Granted, it lacks on adjustability and comfort, but it does provide the toughness we often tend do desire.
That’s Not All
Of course, there are other important features worth taking into consideration. For example, lens color. This feature can be a real difference maker when you’re looking for a pair of sunglasses for a very specific activity.
- Black lenses – Dark lenses often do a great job at providing decent depth perception. Also, they are the best at putting the strain off of your eyes in harsh bright conditions. That’s why best sunglasses for men have dark tints.
- Yellow lenses – Yellow tints perform the function of filtering blue light which can be found in sun rays. Often, these are used by runners because of the blue light filtering which allows them, especially in low-light conditions, to retain a crisp and clear vision.
10 Best Polarized Sunglasses for Men
By no means will this list be the ultimate polarized sunglasses list. I think that it’s important to state that there are other incredible products on the market. In fact, there are so many incredible products that it would be impossible to reduce them to a simple list of ten. However, relying solely on my own aesthetic and practical preferences, here are my ten best polarized sunglasses for men:
SamPX Polarized Sports Sunglasses
Starting off with a pair of proper sports sunglasses . If you’re into hiking, fishing, or cycling, these will most probably interest you. The design itself simply breathes sports and comfort. The frame is made from synthetic resin which provides an unparalleled level of toughness and durability. Atop of that, it’s incredibly light and flexible.
The glass lenses are anti-scratch coated which is always a great feature to have. We aren’t able to treat our accessories with care and attention at all times and not having to worry about it when such time comes is a true blessing. Plus, they are able to filter out the glare with a 99% success rate. Of course, without distorting the vision.
Included in the package are the following items:
- SamPX Polarized Sunglasses
- Microfiber pouch
- Glasses cloth
- Hard case
- Very affordable
- Super comfortable
- Nothing worth mentioning
SAMPX Polarized Sports Sunglasses for men women Baseball Cycling Golf(black)
- UVA and UVB ultra violet blocking lenses with added polarization for eliminating glare while maintaining color integrity.
- ynthetic resin frame and arms make this sports sunglasses strong, elastic and super light.
- Ideal for hiking, biking, running, driving, surfing, boating, fishing, rock and mountain climbing. Your No. 1 choice for vacation.
- Fashion and stylish design, with rich color combinations of frames and lens.
- We provides lifetime after sale service for all Duduma sunglasses. Customers can return or get refunded for any reason. You have no risk to try.
WOODIES Zebra Wood Sunglasses
If you’re following the modern trends of the eyewear world, you’re surely familiar with the wooden frame boom! Honestly, no one can take away the awesomeness that wooden glasses bring to the scene. However, given that these frames tend not to be too thick, their rather fragile nature is a bit of a concern. This means that you have to be extra careful with them.
Design-wise, you’re able to see that these sunglasses were made to resemble the Ray Ban New Wayfarer model. The frame itself is completely made from Zebrawood which is extraordinarily light! In fact, these sunglasses are 50% lighter than a regular pair of Wayfarers. The lenses are polarized and offer solid protection from UVA and UVB rays.
When you buy a pair of WOODIES, the package includes these polarized sunglasses, a carrying case, microfiber cloth, and a cool-looking wooden guitar pick! How awesome is that?
- Seriously cool-looking
- Come with a wooden guitar pick
- Provide decent protection for the price (around $30)
- Hinges start squeaking after a while
- A bit too fickle
WOODIES Zebra Wood Sunglasses with Blue Mirror Polarized Lens
- Handmade from REAL Zebra Wood (50% Lighter than Ray-Bans)
- Includes FREE Carrying Case, Lens Cloth, and Wood Guitar Pick
- Polarized Lenses Provide 100% UVA/UVB Protection
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
- A GIFT FROM THE CAPTAIN: Buy Any Two Woodies Products, Save 20% Automatically!
Mr.O Fitover Polarized Sunglasses
Here’s a little something straight from Taiwan! Mr.O sunglasses take pride in being just the right dimensions in order to fit all head shapes and sizes. Plus, they have a wraparound frame which secures an additional layer of comfort. For sports purposes, these are a true gem!
The frame is completely made from a special super-light and durable nylon and can be purchased in a wide range of colors. However, the lenses, only come in dark grey and bronze. The former is great for maintaining true colors whereas the latter provides additional warmth and clearer visibility.
All in all, the rectangular medium-sized design of Mr.O sunglasses definitely puts them in a race for the title of the best polarized sunglasses for men. These could even be paired with some of the best men’s hats out there. That’s always a good trait. When an accessory provides a good deal of versatility.
- Very cool rectangular design
- Incredibly versatile
- Medium-sized frame
- None, really
Mr.O Fitover Polarized Sunglasses with Luxury Microfiber Pouch (Charcoal, Classic grey)
- No more “CAN’T wear sunglasses ’cause I wear regular glasses”.
- OVER GLASSES SUNGLASSES; High definition polarized lenses reduce sun glare and eliminate eye fatigue; Blocks 100% harmful UVA, UVB and UVC rays.
- SUPERLIGHT WRAPAROUND FRAME with smooth hinges ensures more comfortable fit than clip-on sunglasses.
- STREAMLINED LOOK; rectangle tinted lenses; matte finish black frame; much less bulky than old-fashioned over-sized fitovers.
- 90-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Made in Taiwan by socially responsible factories; Highest quality assurance standards.
SUNGAIT Ultra Lightweight Polarized Sunglasses
If cool is what you’re looking for, then cool is what you’ll get! I dare someone to say that these aren’t great-looking sunglasses . What’s best about them, however, is their price! Trust me when I say that you can get a hold of these beauties for just above $10! Plus, they are nowhere near being shabby.
The frame is made from Al-Mg Alloy metal which is famous for its lightness and toughness. Moreover, the arms are flexible enough to provide a solid amount of comfort making them great for driving, running, fishing, you name it!
When it comes to the lenses, these are HD Polarized UV400 protective ones. When you take all of this into consideration, it simply becomes baffling how these can be so cheap. Honestly, they feel solid and perform great. That’s simply the nature of the beast. Nowadays, we’re able to get hold of some decent products which are more than affordable. Best of all, they’ll get the job done!
- Awesome fashionable design
- UV400 lenses
- Flexible metal frame
- Remarkably affordable
- The edges on the arms are a bit too sharp
SUNGAIT Ultra Lightweight Rectangular Polarized Sunglasses 100% UV protection (Gunmetal Frame Blue Mirror Lens, 62) Metal Frame New-2458 QKLA
- Polarized sunglasses – 100% Protection Against Harmful UVA/UVB & UVC Rays
- Fashion Metal Frame – Lightweight and Strong rectangular polarized sunglasses
- Lens Height: 42 mm (1.65 inches) | Lens Width: 62 mm (2.44 inches) | Nose Bridge: 15 mm (0.59 inches) | Temple Length: 135 mm (5.31 inches) | Frame Length: 147 mm (5.78 inches)
- Includes: 1*Cleaning cloth, 1*Sunglasses pouch and 1* Mini Screwdriver
- Lifetime Breakage Warranty and Money Back Guarantee
William Painter – The Hook Titanium Polarized Sunglasses
In the world of best polarized sunglasses for men, William Painter is the go-to brand. That’s exactly why at least one pair of William Painter sunglasses had to be included on this list. The Hook is one of their most famous models. It’s called The Hook because of the bottle openers which can be found on both arms of the sunglasses. Tell me that’s not an awesome feature?
The frame on these sunglasses is made from aerospace grade titanium which is as solid as a block of ice. However, don’t think for a second that these sunglasses have some weight to them. They simply couldn’t be lighter! Lenses on these are made from premium nylon which is scratch-resistant and provides 100% UV protection. Available lens colors are blue and gray.
William Painter sunglasses usually have steep prices, and The Hook is no different. However, materials used on these sunglasses and all the previous ones simply cannot be matched. Therefore, the price does showcase that fact.
- Incredibly light and durable
- Ultimate nylon lenses
- Come with bottle openers
- Steep price (around $180)
William Painter – The Hook Titanium Polarized ‘Classic’ Sunglasses
- 100% lifetime Moneyback guarantee plus free returns.
- Classic style made with aerospace grade titanium.
- World’s lightest nylon polarized lenses with scratch resistant and 100% UVA / UVB ray protection.
- Discrete bottle opener patented technology.
- Incredible value for lifelong durability, backed by a guarantee. Note that the guarantee policy only applies to products sold by William Painter and not any other reseller.
DUCO Sports Polarized Sunglasses
I’ll tell you right now, these are one of the best sellers in the world of best polarized sunglasses for men. Reasons for that are innumerable. However, their price may be one of the biggest reasons why.
When you’re looking for sports accessories, apart from being good at what they do, you want them to look nice. That’s a given. As far as the looks go, DUCO may be leading the race at this point. These are some seriously cool-looking shades.
These come with UV400 protective lenses which are impact and scratch resistant and a very light Al-Mg alloy frame which can be disassembled for cleaning purposes. Nose pads are non-slip silicone ones which do not retain any odor. Additionally, they come with a brilliant durable hinge system which screams longevity.
- Odorless nose pads
- Dismantlable frame
- UV400 lenses
- A Bit too wide
DUCO Mens Sports Polarized Sunglasses UV Protection Sunglasses for Men 8177s(Black Frame Gray Lens)
- 【TAC Polarized Lens】 UV400 Protection Coating blocks 100% of harmful UVA & UVB rays. Visually restores true color, eliminates reflected or scattered light. TAC polarized triacetate lenses are impact and scratch resistant, lightweight and durable! See the related video shorts under Product Description of a lens being hit with a hammer!
- 【Al-Mg Metal Alloy Frame】 Lightweight AL-MG alloy design is ideal for cycling, driving, running, fishing, racing, skiing, climbing, and all outdoor activities enthusiasts. At only 25g, you can hardly feel them on your face.
- 【Product Dimensions】 Lens Height: 40MM(1.57 inches)–Lens Width: 64MM(2.51 inches)–Temple Length: 135 MM(5.31 inches)–Nose Bridge: 16MM(0.62 inches)–Frame Length: 144MM (5.67 inches)
- 【COMPLETE ACCESSORIES AND PREMIUM PACKAGE】 Include Glasses Case with Carabiner, Gift Box, Microfiber Pouch, Microfiber Cleaning Cloth and Polarization Test Card; It is also gift packaged ready, making it a wonderful yet practical gift idea for friends and family.
- 【Risk Free After-Sale Service】 All DUCO customers enjoy our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee and Lifetime Breakage Warranty; Return for a full refund if not satisfied for any reason; Even if you somehow manage to break these glasses, simply contact DUCO glasses. Just contact seller by clicking below on our name and then click the ‘ask a question’ button.
PolarSpex Polarized Retro Sunglasses
If a tight budget is what’s holding you back from getting the polarized glasses from your dreams, don’t get discouraged. The PolarSpex shades provide just enough style and functionality to be able to amaze. And amaze they do. Here’s what you get for just $15.
First, you get the classic vintage wayfarer design. That’s always a plus. Whether you’re about that casual or gentleman’s fashion, these will work in both cases. Heck. I even sport them with the finest men’s scarves. They come with a pretty tough plastic frame and plastic polarized lenses which perform their protective function quite diligently.
Honestly, these aren’t the sportiest-looking sunglasses, but they provide awesome value for money. Most importantly they are so versatile, meaning that you can wear them both while running or taking a stroll down to the pub.
- Classic Wayfarer design
- Great value for money
- They don’t feel like high-end sunglasses
Polarspex Polarized 80’s Retro Classic Trendy Stylish Sunglasses for Men Women
- 100% UV (UVA & UVB) Protection TAC Polarized AntiGlare Unisex Adult Sunglasses for both Men and Woman. Suitable also for young teenage boys and girls.
- Paintless Reinforced Metal Hinges For Everyday Durability
- Lens width: 52mm/Lens height: 43mm/Bridge: 15mm
- Free Premium Heavy Grade Wool Felt Protective Storage Case Pouch Included
- Available in a wide variety of frame colors and lenses in faded gradient, HD, amber day and night driving and assorted color mirror coatings.
RIVBOS Polarized Sports Sunglasses
When it comes to the best athletic sunglasses on the market today, I’m tempted to say that RIVBOS could go on to win the title. Gosh, I love these sunglasses. Apart from being very affordable, they provide everything a semi-professional athlete could ever want from a pair of sports sunglasses.
First and foremost, they come with a flexible TR90 frame which is ludicrously bendable and shatter-resistant. Honestly, these types of frames can withstand crazy amounts of pressure without breaking. Atop of that, the frame has a wraparound design which is absolutely necessary for an athlete. You want that tight and secure fit.
Lenses are incredible too and come in a variety of options. All of them are 100% UV400, HD polarized, as well as impact resistant. What you can choose are the color variants. They are important because, as I’ve mentioned, different colors and coatings provide a different kind of an effect. It all depends on what you’re looking for.
- Super cool-looking
- TR90 flexible frame
- Impact-resistant UV400 lenses
- I’m not gonna lie, the optical quality could be a bit better
RIVBOS Polarized Sports Sunglasses Driving Sun Glasses Shades for Men Women Tr90 Frame for Cycling Baseball Running Rb831 Black&Grey
- High Grade SWITZERLAND TR 90 Material Frame:Super Lightweight,Stylish and Durable;Dimension-Lens height:40 mm (1.57 inches); lens width:64mm (2.52 inches); leg length:140mm(5.51 inches); nose bridge:30 mm ( 1.18 inches); frame length:140 mm (5.51 inches).
- TAC Polarized and Mirror Coating Lens- Offer 100% UVA&UVB Protection against the sunlight filtering 100% of all UVA/UVB/UVC and Harmful Blue Light Up to 400nm.Restore true color, eliminate reflected light and scattered light and protect eyes perfectly.
- Package&Accessories:Each RIVBOS Sunglasses are Packed in Hard Protection Portable Case and Colour Box,Pouch/Strap/Cleaning Cloth ect. included.
- Lifetime Breakage Warranty On Frame & Lens – Frames and lens are unbreakable for no risk purchasing. In case any broken problem happens, contact the seller of RIVBOS without hesitation to solve the problem until satisfaction. RIVBOS provides lifetime after sale service for all RIVBOS products.
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee- All RIVBOS customers enjoy 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. Customers can return and get refunded in case the purchasing is not satisfactory for any reason. You have no risk to try.
ATTCL Men’s Polarized Sunglasses
Second to last, we have the ATTCL sunglasses . These look properly mean and I love it! Quite frankly, it’s obvious that choosing the best polarized sunglasses for men isn’t the easiest task one could take on. Just look at how many stunning-looking pieces we had so far.
These ATTCL shades come with an Al-Mg alloy metal frame which is so light, that you barely even feel them when they’re on. Let’s not even mention the fact that it’s almost unbreakable.
However, probably the best bit about these shades are the lenses. Apart from providing 100% UV protection, the clarity of vision and the color vibrancy they provide is nothing short of remarkable. For a low-range pair of specs, these features are unprecedented.
Lastly, there are numerous lens colors to choose from in order to match your sporting outfit. Options are always good to have.
- Superb optical quality
- Very tough frame
- Great assortment of lens colors
- Nose pads are a bit stiff
ATTCL Men’s HOT Fashion Driving Polarized Sunglasses for Men Al-Mg Metal Frame Ultra Light (Black1,8177)
- POLARIZED LENS – 100% UV400 protection coating, blocks 100% harmful UVA & UVB Rays. Polarized sunglasses reduce glare reflected off of roads, bodies of water, snow, and other horizontal surfaces. Restore true color, eliminate reflected light and scattered light and protect eyes perfectly. Polarized sunglasses cut glare and haze so your eyes are more comfortable and you can see better.
- ALUMINUM MAGNESIUNM METAL ALLOY make frame Strong and light.The Sunglasses only 20g, You can hardly feel them on your face, but they are unbreakable. Best forMotorcycle.And Cycling Bicycle, Driving, Running, Fishing,Racing, Skiing and Climbing, Trekking Or Other Outdoor Activities Enthusiasts
- 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – All ATTCL customers enjoy 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. Customers can return and get refunded in case the purchasing is not satisfactory for any reason. You have no risk to try and we will provide you the best service!
J+S Aviator Sunglasses
Finally, I had to include at least one pair of Aviators. Even though these are not Ray Ban’s, I still love them. Did you know that the Aviators are among the top three all-time best selling sunglasses? It’s such a timeless design.
J+S found a way to make the Aviators a tad more affordable. The frame on these ones is made from Al-Mg alloy which, as I’ve mentioned before, is super light and durable. Plus, the hinges are spring-loaded and that helps with the overall comfort-level and the fit. Also, the adjustable nose pads on these are incredible.
Like most other affordable best polarized sunglasses for men, these too come with a pair of scratch-resistant UV400 lenses. The optical quality they provide is decent, the colors aren’t distorted, and that makes them more than decent for the price.
- Very comfortable
- Adjustable nose pads
- Classic Aviator design
- Don’t fare well in low-light ambiances
J+S Premium Military Style Classic Aviator Sunglasses, Polarized, 100% UV protection (Large Frame – Silver Frame/Black Lens)
- POLARIZED LENS – specialized multi layer lens designed to filter and block over 99.96% of glare – J+S Polarized lenses blocks out intense horizontal reflections (glare) by having vertically oriented filter layer embedded in the lens, providing maximum comfort and improved visibility. These lens are are tough, lightweight, scratch resistant, and have high optical clarity (distortion free, clear vision), making them an excellent choice for general outdoor and water sports activities.
- UV 400 PROTECTION – J+S Vision lenses are 400UV rated, meaning it can block 99%-100% of both UVA and UVB radiation. UV400 rated sunglasses are essential to protecting your eyes against long- term UV damage and keeping your eyes healthy when out and about.
- HIGH QUALITY FRAME – made with metallic alloy that is ultra light weight yet strong and durable. It comes with spring loaded hinged legs and adjustable silicon nose pads which allows for maximum comfort and flexibility.
- PERFECT ALL ROUNDER – being Polarized and 400UV protection makes these sunglasses the perfect choice for outdoor sports and activities such as driving, fishing, skiing, travelling, hiking, boating, and is suitable as high fashion accessory and daily wear all year round. It is also gift packaged ready, making it a wonderful yet practical gift idea for friends and family!
- 100% RISK FREE PURCHASE – All J+S Sunglasses comes with a 1 year warranty on frames and lens as well as a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee when purchased from authorized dealers. So if you are not completely happy with your purchase for whatever reason, let us know and we’ll take care of you.
On a Final Note
Answering the question which are the best polarized sunglasses for men isn’t easy at all. As you were able to see for yourself, there are so many incredible pieces of eyewear today which can be acquired for less than $20. I think that says a lot about today’s market. I mean, if I was picking a key holder, I’d have much less trouble because sunglasses are a much more relevant accessory.
However, if I had to pull out a winner out of this list, I think that I’d have to roll with RIVBOS shades. Even though William Painter produces sunglasses of incomparable quality, RIVBOS provides the absolute best value for money. Remember the unbreakable flexible frame, great HD polarized lenses, and an overall mean macho look. All that for just under $20.
However, don’t let my decision influence yours. Nonetheless, make sure to check out the RIVBOS specs just to get an idea about what you should be entitled to ask for from a pair of $20 polarized sunglasses. Good luck!