There’s something special about owning a decent pair of men’s leather gloves. I mean, rubber and wool are cool materials and all, but nothing beats leather when it comes to men’s attire and accessories. Not only is leather a more reliable and durable material but it also symbolizes status and quality. Isn’t that something we all want more of in our lives?
Nonetheless, nowadays, when the market is overflooded with products of questionable value and quality, it’s easier than ever to get tricked into buying one. That’s why I thought that it would be wise to write a brief guide on men’s leather gloves, as well as divulge my favorite picks which, in the current state of affairs, provide the best value for money. Without further ado, let’s get cracking.
Things To Consider Prior To Buying Men’s Leather Gloves
Why Buy Leather Gloves?
To me at least, there’re a plethora of reasons why settling for a pair of men’s leather gloves makes a smart decision. First and foremost, it’s all about versatility and prestige.
Unlike no other glove type, men’s leather gloves can easily be worn during both winter and autumn. They’re usually less thick than wool knit gloves, for example, yet with the proper lining, they never compromise on insulation. That means that you’d never have to sacrifice warmth for the sake of looks.
As far as prestige goes, I find it unnecessary to provide an in-depth explanation of why men’s leather gloves are more prestigious than other glove types. Too many factors are at play, the most notable ones being tradition and level of craftsmanship. Similar to men’s leather belts.
Sizing ‘em Up
One of the most crucial aspects of your glove purchase is size-related. Most men, unfortunately, take it for granted. You see, you should never settle for a fit that isn’t exactly the perfect one for you. The more space there is between your palm and digits and your glove, the poorer job the glove will do of keeping your hands warm. It’s that plain and simple. You’d never buy oversized best men’s hats, right?
Nowadays, if you’re making your purchase online, sizing is more difficult to overlook. Most online shops will provide you with their proprietary sizing charts which make the process of the determining the right size a breeze. Nonetheless, there’s a sizing pattern most manufacturers adhere to.
As you’d imagine, what matters is your hand’s length and width. The length is measured from the tip of your middle finger to the meeting point of your wrist and palm, whereas the width represents the circumference of the widest part of your dominant hand’s knuckles, thumb excluded. If you know these measurements, there’s nothing to fear.
Types of Men’s Leather Gloves
Another frequently overlooked aspect is the functionality that a pair of men’s leather gloves provides. That’s exactly why we could easily categorize them into three distinct categories:
- Casual Gloves – I think it’s time to break with tradition when it comes to how many pairs of gloves a man should own. Having a second, less formal pair is always a good decision. For example, a pair of pigskin leather gloves is just casual enough to accompany a nice light jacket. Also, try to settle for a more neutral color like brown.
- Functional Gloves – If you’re needs are highly specific, buying a pair of functional gloves is the way to go. For example, if you’re into hunting and you need your digits to be free, the best thing to do is go for a pair of fingerless gloves which will provide you with the right amount of dexterity.
- Day-To-Day Gloves – These are your most important pair of gloves. The ones you’ll be showing off most of the time. Whilst choosing these, try not to be cheap and have them meet all your needs. My recommendation would be to go for a pair of plain black men’s leather gloves. If possible, go for peccary with cashmere lining.
Materials To Look Out For
Is it even necessary to mention that we’ve stopped counting how many different materials are used to create a pair of men’s leather gloves? Some are cheaper than the others as well as less efficient. In order to make your life easier, here are the top three types of leather you should be on the lookout for.
- PECCARY – The rarest material found in leather gloves, yet the most exquisite one. A pair of peccary men’s leather gloves will last you a lifetime due to their unparalleled durability. However, don’t get things twisted. Lack of softness isn’t a characteristic of these gloves. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. Plus, the more you wear them, the more tender they become.
- DEERSKIN – Some men prefer accessories that look less formal and fancy like men’s neckties. For those people, I suggest getting a pair of deerskin leather gloves. They provide a lot of toughness and insulation whilst keeping a pretty rough exterior.
- CAPESKIN – In case you’re looking for something that falls between the previous two types, I suggest going for a pair of capeskin men’s leather gloves. They are very durable and great insulators, as well as properly soft. Maybe not the most formal of choices, but nonetheless, it works wonders.
Top 10 Best Men’s Leather Gloves
The market is humungous, options are innumerable. How does one go about finding the perfect pair of men’s leather gloves is the essential question here. Luckily, I’m here to make your life easier by presenting you with my top picks of best men’s leather gloves currently on the market.
Livativ Soft Men’s Leather Gloves
Let’s kick things off with something quite universal and affordable. Livativ created a perfect pair of under $20 leather gloves. They used a material that is very common and versatile called the Nappa sheepskin leather. Its most notable characteristic is the softness it provides. A lot of very elegant and classy men’s leather gloves are actually made from Nappa leather.
However, the cool thing about these gloves is that they’re incredibly well insulated. That makes them perfect not only for chilly fall evenings but properly cold winter days as well. They are comfortable to wear and come with a stretch cuff which prevents them from slipping off. As you’re able to see from the photo, you can adjust the tightness of the fit with a good old zipper (optional).
- Retails for just under $15
- Made from very soft Nappa leather
- Fitted with stretch cuffs to prevent potential slippage
- A greater color palette would’ve been nice
Luxury Soft Men’s Leather Gloves – Genuine Nappa Sheepskin Leather with 3M Thinsulate Gloves – Black Mens Winter Gloves for Dress and Driving (X-Large, Zippered Style)
- LUXURIOUSLY SOFT – Manufactured with genuine sheepskin nappa leather, and features luxurious design and stitching. Has a luxurious soft feel for premium comfort.
- EXTRA WARMTH – Interior of gloves is lined with 3M Thinsulate 40g insulation, adding quality warmth. 3M Thinsulate provides up to twice the warmth of other linings and nearly one and a half times the warmth of down. Enjoy the luxurious warm men’s leather gloves while going to work, driving, etc.
- COMFORTABLE – Provides exceptional warmth and comfort; yet thin enough to allow complete freedom of movement.
- STRETCH CUFF – Glove features a stretch cuff to prevent gloves from slipping off. Extremely easy-on and easy-off comfort.
- SIZE: Available in M, L, XL, XXL – View Amazon size chart (next to size drop-down) for selecting size.
ELMA Touchscreen Driving Gloves
Needless to say, men like driving. There’s a certain meditative aura hovering over that particular activity. It gets us in the zone, it helps us relax, but it does represent a challenge when it’s finger-frostbite cold outside. That’s where these ELMA beauties come in extremely handy!
If you ever wanted to acquire that professional driver’s look, your dreams might be on the verge of coming to fruition. Like the Livativ gloves beforehand, these too are made from Nappa leather and come with a non-slip feature. These are truly amazing for driving because they are incredibly thin and equipped with precision touch point control which allows you to use any touchscreen device without having to take your gloves off.
As far as lining goes, there are basically three options to choose from. You can either settle for fleece, wool, or cashmere lining. Of course, my advice would be to go for the most expensive version (it’s not really expensive at $30) which is the one with cashmere lining. It’s incredibly soft and nice to the touch, atop of being really luxurious.
- Optional cashmere lining
- Precision touch point control
- Non-Slip feature
- These won’t fit nicely on a larger pair of hands
Elma Men’s Touchscreen Texting Winter Italian Nappa Leather Gloves (9.5, Black (2014 Winter New Cashmere Lining))
- Operate touch screens while wearing gloves; Nano technology
- Precision touch point control, screens respond to all activity while wearing the gloves.
- Supple Italian Nappa Leather;
- Palm non-slip details
- 100% Pure Cashmere Lining & Long fleece lining to choose from
Fratelli Orsini Everyday Gloves
Here’s a pair of men’s leather gloves for those of you who aren’t on a very tight budget. Not that they are ludicrously expensive, but you won’t be able to get them for $20 or less.
Fratelli Orsini is an Italian brand famous for its quality leather products. These everyday gloves are made from premium lambskin leather and are lined with incredibly well-insulating rabbit fur. One could argue that lambskin gloves don’t need lining because they themselves work wonders when it comes to keeping your hands warm. Imagine adding rabbit fur lining to a pair of already beautifully insulating gloves. These could be one of the best winter gloves with a decent price tag.
Color-wise, there are three options to choose from. You can settle for the black/white fur, brown/white fur, or the black/natural fur model. Each one of these looks amazing and will undoubtedly bring a dash of style and elegance to your overall winter look.
- Made from premium lambskin leather
- Perfect insulation provided by rabbit fur lining
- The gloves are a bit too stiff
- Strands of fur are all over the place
Fratelli Orsini Everyday Men’s Our Bestselling Italian Rabbit Fur Gloves Size XXL Color Black/Natural Fur
- 100% made-in-Italy quality beats Chinese and Asian manufactured gloves ‘hands down’! * Rabbit fur gloves are the warmest natural lining you can find
- Classic Men’s styling * Elastic wrist gather
- Palm side vent * Lambskin
- Rabbit Fur Lining
- Made In Italy
Mio Marino Winter Gloves
I don’t know about you, but I fancy a pair of versatile men’s leather gloves. Granted, when a manufacturer makes heaps of promises about its product, we tend to be a bit apprehensive. Especially when the price tag is fairly low. However, I think that Mio Marino pulled all of them off with these winter gloves.
Given the price range, these are in (around $30), Nappa leather is an expected choice of material. As I’ve previously mentioned, it gets the job done but it’s not the best option, not by a far. They fit well, come with a non-slip feature, they are touchscreen friendly, the whole lot.
However, what I don’t like about them is their fleece lining. I think that it’s always best to stick with natural materials when it comes to it. Fleece will provide you with the right amount of insulation, but it won’t feel as comfortable as rabbit fur, for example, and it’ll make you sweat like it’s nobody’s business.
- Very versatile
- Touchscreen friendly
- Non-slip feature
- Fleece lining
- Sizing can be misleading (they’re smaller than you’d expect)
Luxury Dress Napa Leather Winter Gloves – Texting – Touchscreen – Cold Weather – Driving – Waterproof – Fleece Liner – Black Button Design – Medium
- EXCLUSIVE DESIGN. Made by Marino’s #1 American Top Designers with those special hidden details for its utmost toasty warm, quality and style. Versatile and ideal for driving, outdoor sports, cold weather travel and incredibly dressy to portray that fine polished look.
- EXTREMELY WARM and COMFY. Thinsulate liner insulates against extreme cold weathers and keeps bitter cold breeze out! The design of the rubber wrist features a strong windproof effect and feels amazing on the skin.
- HIGH QUALITY WORKMANSHIP. Made with high quality luxurious, soft, supple nappa leather that is especially well stitched and long lasting. Leather glove possess the perfect formulation of thickness for better quality control purposes. Fleece polyester lining is well made to hold up all winter long.
- SUPERIOR FIT. Marino’s Leather snug fit gloves enables you to experience the utmost flexibility that feels light to wear! rubber wrist and non-slip palm detail contributes to that awesome snug and neat feel on hands and fingers and fits like a glove!
- ORDER WITH GRACE. 100% satisfaction guaranteed, 45 days free exchange and returns, plus 180 days warranty. Our mission is to have our customers extremely gratified with the glove they purchased, so if you haven’t so, please take advantage of our swift exchange and return policy.
Fratelli Orsini Everyday Lambskin Gloves
Yet another Fratelli Orsini model. These are a bit more expensive than the previous rabbit fur model mostly due to their cashmere lining. I included another Fratelli Orsini model because I understand that a pair of men’s leather gloves with rabbit fur lining isn’t the most macho-looking pair you could get.
These are far more elegant-looking and thinner, yet equally efficient at performing their duty of keeping your hands warm. The cashmere lining takes them to a whole new level of luxuriousness apart from providing you with an astounding level of comfort.
Quite frankly, it doesn’t get much better than this. I like the simplicity and elegance they provide. Whether you’re into men’s neckties and overall formal attire or nurture a more casual style, these Fratelli Orsini men’s leather gloves will complement all of your outfits perfectly.
- Made from Italian lambskin
- Ultimate cashmere lining
- I’m afraid there aren’t any flaws
Fratelli Orsini Everyday Men’s Italian Lambskin Cashmere Lined Winter Leather Gloves Size S Color Black
- Everyday and Dress Styling * Fine Italian Sewing
- Very large sizes available
- Made of the finest Italian lambskin leather
- 100% Italian Cashmere lining
- Made In Italy
Carhartt Men’s Leather Gloves
What kind of list would this one be if I didn’t include a pair of workman’s leather gloves? You see, these weren’t made to make you look cool and fancy. These were made to help you perform better when the weather conditions start going downhill.
These Carhartt gloves were made from premium full-grain cowhide leather. This type of material won’t provide you with the ultimate level of dexterity, but it most certainly will last you a good long while as well as keep your hands as warm as they need to be!
They come with a brushed poly lining, vented cuff construction, and easy-on-and-off capability. Again, a natural lining is a much better option, but given that these are cowhide leather gloves, insulation isn’t something that was ever going to arise as an issue.
- Very tough and durable
- Vented cuff construction
- Polyester lining
- Probably would be smart to order a size up
Carhartt Men’s Insulated Full Grain Leather Driver Work Glove, Black, X-Large
- Full-grain cowhide
- G100 3M Thinsulate insulation
- Elastic wrist
- Spot wash by hand in luke warm water with mild detergent. Hang to dry. Do not use hot water. Do not put in dryer.
Pierre Cardin Men’s Leather Gloves
The brand itself is a guarantees that you’ll get a quality product! At least that was my experience with Pierre Cardin accessories. These men’s leather gloves were made from premium lambskin and come with a soft polyester lining (so-called 3M Thinsulate technology).
In order to provide the wearer with the perfect level of comfort and fit, these gloves are equipped with cinched wrists. This means that putting them on will be an absolute breeze on top of the fact that they’ll always stay on!
Interestingly enough, these gloves work amazingly well as a pair of driving gloves. Not only do they protect your hands from UV rays but are genuinely comfortable and provide just the right amount of dexterity.
- Lambskin exterior
- Cinched wrists
- Great built quality
- Polyester lining
Pierre Cardin Insulated Sheepskin Leather Gloves for Men for Driving, Winter
- SUN PROTECTION: Protect your hands from harmful UV rays while in the car or out walking, in style
- SIZING: Mediums fit as S/M, and large are L/XL, so there’s always a perfect fit for everybody
- 3M THINSULATE TECHNOLOGY: Thin inner lining is form-fitted, and insulated to keep the heat inside, keeping hands warm and comfortable
- DURABLE STITCHING: Stitched with clean lines, detailed hem stitches prevent fraying and help ensure long-term wearability
- CINCHED WRIST: Secures the gloves to wrist with ease so they always stay on, and it provides a suave, detailed look
Bionic Men’s Driving Gloves
Here’s something completely different. A pair of tactical gloves designed specifically for the avid drivers among you. Not only do they look cool but perform ridiculously good as well.
Just the fact that orthopedic experts worked on designing these gloves tells you enough about them. They’re incredibly comfortable and provide a silly level of dexterity. In order to help you reach the ultimate driving experience, these gloves feature a rotated finger design, anatomical padding, Coolmax vents for breathability, as well as Cabretta leather exterior.
Honestly, I could not praise these gloves enough. Out of all of their features, the anatomical padding is my favorite one. These little cushions help redistribute the pressure when you grip the steering wheel, making the driver’s experience an ultimate one.
- Packed with features
- Incredible padding
- Not the most durable gloves on the market
Bionic DVML Men’s Driving Gloves, Black, Large
- PREVENT FATIGUE AND INCREASE STAMINA – PATENTED ANATOMICAL PAD RELIEF SYSTEM AND GENUINE LEATHER PALM – Strategically placed relief pads even out the surface of your hand displacing the pressure from gripping the wheel allowing a lighter grip.
- GET THE PERFECT GRIP – PATENTED DESIGN – The Bionic Glove pre-rotated finger design adapts to your hand’s natural curving motion. This patented design gives you a more effortless and comfortable grip that allows you to power through the extra miles.
- KEEP A COOL HAND – MAXIMUM BREATHABILITY – Coolmax insert vents on the back of the glove and ventilation ducts between the fingers offer maximum breathability and flexibility for your drive.
- TOP OF THE LINE – These premium driving gloves are made from supple, cabretta leather with additional strategic padding to maximize comfort and feel of the wheel.
- A STEP ABOVE – The Bionic Driving Glove was designed by an orthopedic hand specialist with comfort and maximum grip in mind.
Northstar Men’s Deerskin Leather Gloves
I had to include a pair of deerskin men’s leather gloves. After all, there are a lot of men out there who prefer this kind of tough and coarse gloves. They are a bit grainy, but to me, that just adds more flavor to their already outdoorsy nature.
Like the previously mentioned Pierre Cardin gloves, these too come with a 3M Thinsulate insulation. Once again, since leather types like deerskin are on their own pretty good insulators, the lining of these gloves doesn’t need to be very fury, to put it that way. Other features include a keystone thumb, an elastic wrist, and a rolled leather cuff hem.
To put it simply, these are a pair of true workhorse leather gloves . If by chance you’re often exposed to harsh weather conditions, I’d highly advise you to give these ones a look in. You’d be surprised by how tough and durable they are.
- Impressively tough and warm
- Elastic wrist provides a safer fit
- Aren’t the best looking pair of gloves in the world
Northstar Mens Full Grain Black Deerskin Lined with 40 gram 3M Thinsulate 013B
- 100 gram 3M Thinsulate Insulation
- Full Grain Black Deerskin
- Elastic Wrist
- Keystone Thumb
- Rolled Leather Cuff Hem
MATSU Men’s Leather Gloves
The Matsu gloves are made from pure Italian lambskin leather and they come in a number of different colors. The choice of lining also varies, spanning from fleece to 100% cashmere. Depending on your preferences and budget, you’re basically free to pick and choose in order to suit your likings. Of course, if you need a pair of touchscreen-friendly gloves, Matsu’s can meet that demand as well.
- Lambskin exterior
- A lot of options to choose from
- Touchscreen accessible
- Color doesn’t hold on as well as it should
MATSU Luxury Men Winter Warm Lambskin Leather Touch Screen Gloves M1006(L, Black (Long Fleece or Cashmere lining))
- STANDARD SIZE – Update the size of matsu gloves, the most standard size, suitable for American customers
- ITALIAN CLASSIC LEATHER GLOVES DESIGN – The best partner for your Gentlemen suit, hats, punk rock leather jackets, fashion coat and men apparel
- SUPER WARM LINING DESIGN – Lined with 80% Cashmere and 20% wool, the perfect wearing to let you feel warm in winter
- GENUINE NAPPA LEATHER – Made of the Finest nappa Lambskin Leather which import from Ethiopia. Hand Made by professional artisans. Matsu hand crafted leather gloves will get better with age
- TOUCH SCREEN TECHNOLOGY – Precision touch point control, screens respond to all activity while wearing the gloves, Applicable to smartphone, iphone or ipad, best technology gift to your love
Picking and choosing accessories can be a daunting task. Especially when you’re dealing with the most essential sort like men’s leather gloves. You want them to be just perfect. You wanted to provide you with everything you’re seeking for.
Even though all ten previously mentioned gloves are amazing in their own right, the Fratelli Orsini lambskin ones are the ones I’d roll with, day in, day out. Not only do they look incredibly elegant and luxurious, but they also provide great insulation with their cashmere lining. You know, a key holder as an accessory can provide only a limited amount of comfort and practicality. However, a pair of proper men’s leather gloves, make a world of difference.
You can check the Fratelli Orsini lambskin gloves here .