Fossil has been on the up and up ever since they came into being in 1984. This watch brand was created in the USA and travels around the world, bringing time and style to all of its wearers. But, with so much choice and variation available, we thought that we would take you through the best Fossil watches on the market today.
In this piece, we will talk about all that makes a great fossil watch and how these timepieces range into different types of watches they offer. For the casual wearer, the active sportsman, or the swimmer in need of a water companion. The Fossil brand likes to branch out and keep every type of watch covered.
How to Choose the Best Fossil Watch for You
The classic Fossil look of a stainless steel constructed watch casing and tan brown genuine leather straps is a solid fashion accessory for anyone with a strong style sense and a budget to adhere to. This classic look is based on influences from 1950’s American pop-culture. The looks that Fossil went for is the kind of watch you could possibly find Steve McQueen wearing on the set of his next feature.
In recent years, the Fossil brand has spread itself out from manufacturing casual day to day watches, to sports watches and smart tech wearables. This insurgence of choice has made shopping around for a new timepiece all the more difficult as there is almost too much to choose from.
With the Fossil watches, they follow a certain pattern of construction. Not all are the same, but they keep to a certain formula of great functions and the same style altered slightly throughout. When looking for the best Fossil watch for you, you need to understand the bare essentials of what this kind of watch can offer.
Types of Fossil Watches
The day to day Fossil watches are elegantly fashioned pieces that serve style over function. They tell the time accurately, just like any other watch, but their capabilities are more suited towards the casual wearer as opposed to the active sportsman.
With casual wear, it is all about the looks and the style of a piece. Making everyone around you jealous and insisting you tell them where they can pick up a similar piece.
Fossil watches have recently gained a lot of traction by becoming a standout brand in great outdoor watches for men. Starting with swapping out the genuine leather watch band and replacing it with stainless steel links, and then turning the watch face into something more durable and tactile for any environment the world can throw at it.
There are some brilliant Fossil watches with a good amount of water-resistance worked into their design, but unfortunately, not many fall much deeper than 30 meters. Great watches to swim with, thanks to the enhanced sports bezel and tactile crowns attached, but not all are suited for the diver.
When you do find a Fossil sports watch that can exceed the 30-meter barrier that the manufacturers have set with the watch range, then it is definitely a good find.
In the last decade, wearable tech has become the next big thing. Fossil realized this early and threw themselves into the market with some brilliant pieces to offer. Some of the best smartwatches on the market are those that can adapt to any environment that you find yourself in. We believe that the Smartwatches that Fossil creates are able to adapt to any of your surroundings.
What to Look for in a Fossil Watch Strap
With a Fossil watch, it is all about the comfortable style available to the wearer. The classic look of steel casing with genuine leather straps affixed is not the only thing that a Fossil can offer you. But it never hurts having such a classic look at your wrist.
They have over 300+ individual designs in the Fossil range and each has differences in their watch bands construction. There are chronograph watches that have a larger breadth of the strap, leather covering the whole wrist.
Standard casual wear keeps to the classic narrow brown leather watch band. And the sports and divers’ watches have the leather straps replaced with stainless steel links to add breathability to the wrist.
Dependant on what you are looking for, the watch bands are interchangeable. So no matter what watch you end up going for, you are covered.
Who are these Watches for?
Fossil is here for the people who are in love with 1950’s style America. It is unapologetically cool, adaptable, and affordable. Some of the watches on this list are some of the best watches under $500 available anywhere. Any of these watches would make the perfect gift for a partner, a brother, a father, or a grandfather.
Aside from any watch from this range working as a day-to-day casual wear, the Fossil brand has pumped a lot into making the greatest possible outdoor watches for men who are constantly active and in need of keeping time.
With all of the extra features and functions that are added to each new class of Fossil watches, comes a new class of its wearer.
Let’s take a look at some of the best smartwatches, sports watches, and casual watches that Fossil has to offer you today.
Fossil Men’s CH2565 Cuff Chronograph
[amazon fields=”B001SQLI9C” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_alt=”Fossil Men’s CH2565 Cuff Chronograph”]
First off, let us start with the [amazon link=”B001SQLI9C” title=”CH2565 Cuff Chronograph” /]. This Fossil watch brandishes everything great about a casual wear piece but also delivers a great amount of what can be necessary for the active sportsman.
The cuff watch band is amazingly comfortable on the wrist and adds a secure sense of cool to the wearer. With all of the features and fixtures of this watch, it is easy to say, that it works brilliantly for either the casual wearer or the swimmer in you.
- Time truly works with you with this watch. The main analog watch display operates with three-hands, there are extra three chronograph sub-dials, and a date display found between the 20 and 25 markers.
- The CH2565 is water resistant at a water depth of 330 feet (100 meters). A great accessory for any swimmer.
- As well as working with the su-dial and main face display, this Fossil watch also has a tachymeter (measures speed) marked into the outer dial of the watch’s bezel.
[amazon box=”B001SQLI9C” template=”horizontal”]
Fossil Machine Quartz FS4487
[amazon fields=”B002T1M8A8″ value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_alt=”Fossil Machine Quartz FS4487″]
This [amazon link=”B002T1M8A8″ title=”watch” /], on the other hand, takes a different approach to the conventional sports watch. The leather watch straps are replaced by a watch band constructed out of a series of black plated silicone links. Making this piece more adaptable to the active sportsman in you. The solid uniform color scheme makes this watch also great for day-to-day casual wearing and makes sure to have you covered should your environment change suddenly.
- The bold black-on-black style of this piece makes it so accessible for every look, but the silver-toned hands and the piercing blue of the subdials make the whole watch pop and stand out on the wrist.
- There are three subdials on the inner watch display. And the bezel, like all the watches in the Machine line, is knurled for a more rugged texture and look.
- With a silicone band, the watch has a better breathability for the wearer and holds a lesser possibility of rusting over time.
[amazon box=”B002T1M8A8″ template=”horizontal”]
Fossil Grant Quartz Chronograph FS5151
[amazon fields=”B017SN1OI8″ value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_alt=”Fossil Grant Quartz Chronograph FS5151″]
This is where the Fossil brand really shows its style and elegance. With the [amazon link=”B017SN1OI8″ title=”FS5151″ /], you can see the 1950’s American influence surging through its bold blue watch face display and in the burnished edge leather watch straps. Adding class and age to the already iconic styling. It kinda reminds me of old Fossil pocket watches.
Having Roman numerals at the time markings makes this watch stand out even more, with its already bold blue plated color scheme. The markings were inspired after vintage clocks. This is one of the best watches under $500 and the perfect casual day to day wear.
- The FS5151 display is protected by a durable mineral crystal lens. This sturdy face display lens is scratch-resistant.
- Genuine leather calfskin watch straps with beautifully burnished edges and contrast stitching. This little detail on the straps gives the watch a worn and rugged look to it. Making it look as though it were a steal that caught your eye in the flea market.
[amazon box=”B017SN1OI8″ template=”horizontal”]
Fossil Men’s Grant – FS4735
[amazon fields=”B008AXURAW” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_alt=”Fossil Men’s Grant – FS4735″]
Another casual wearers’ dream piece, the [amazon link=”B008AXURAW” title=”FS4735″ /] takes everything that you have seen so far from the Fossil brand and brings it back a little. Making it more elegant and easier to look at. The cream of the watch display gives it a calming appearance.
Though this is not really adaptable to being anything like a sports watch, the casual elements of the timepiece more than make-up for that fact. A great watch for a professional to complete a business-savvy look.
- Genuine leather calfskin watch straps that have tonally acceptable stitching connecting them all together. This solid uniform color scheme works well with the watch’s cream face.
- The FS4735 works off of a Quartz movement. A Quartz crystal is used to regulate an electronic oscillator that works to keep the watch accurate on time. A seamless and powerful system for keeping your watch in check
[amazon box=”B008AXURAW” template=”horizontal”]
Fossil Nate Quartz Chronograph JR1402
[amazon fields=”B008AXYWHQ” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_alt=”Fossil Nate Quartz Chronograph JR1402″]
The [amazon link=”B008AXYWHQ” title=”Nate Quarts JR1402″ /] looks like something a special ops agents should be wearing around their wrists, all synchronized to the leader of the squadron. This all-plated black piece is one of the best sports watches on this list.
With three subdials working round behind the main dial and a date reader between the twenty and twenty-five-time markers, this watch is a bold piece to add to any collection and does its best to work its way to the head of the pack.
- A heavy duty sports detailed bezel works at the top of the watch’s display. Indicating all of the appropriate markers and giving the JR1402 a bold and unified look.
- The watch band that comes with the JR1402 is a black plated stainless steel linked piece. It is a durable and stable bracelet for this watch and has a fold-over closure that keeps it secure in any environment.
[amazon box=”B008AXYWHQ” template=”horizontal”]
Fossil Machine Quartz Chronograph FS4931
[amazon fields=”B00HG09BUM” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_alt=”Fossil Machine Quartz Chronograph FS4931″]
Another Machine addition to our list of the best Fossil watches available today. The [amazon link=”B00HG09BUM” title=”Machine series” /] started to highlight Fossil’s legacy as a high-performance tool for everyday life. The enlarged bezel and nautical dials are weaved into the watch’s construction to truly emphasize a necessary tool in any gentleman’s arsenal.
- The gunmetal-plated stainless steel paired with the shocking blue color of the dial hands in the watch face. They all come together to make a unique look that jumps out at anyone looking your way.
- Though this watch has three chronograph dials and a date window, you would think that it would be amazingly cluttered. But this Machine FS4931 is very minimalist thanks to the foregoing of numeral time markers. It looks clean and simple to read.
[amazon box=”B00HG09BUM” template=”horizontal”]
Fossil CH2600 Decker Chronograph
[amazon fields=”B0034IFTN8″ value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_alt=”Fossil Machine Quartz Chronograph FS4931″]
This elegant looking watch is a solid stainless steel masterpiece from Fossil. The [amazon link=”B0034IFTN8″ title=”CH2600 Decker Chronograph” /] is one of the best watches under $500 available anywhere and definitely one of the most beautiful on this list.
With elements of some of the best sports watches that we have explored previously on this list, and some of the best elements available to the casual wear range that Fossil offers, the Decker is a hard piece to look over and walk away from.
- The watch bracelet and casing are all constructed using stainless steel materials, held tight with a push-button clasp with safety closure. It is elegant and practical to use.
- With a Japanese quartz movement working away within the watch’s casing, you know that your watch will be in good working order for a long time.
- At 42mm stainless steel watch casing, this watch sits wonderfully on the wrist and draws the attention of others.
[amazon box=”B0034IFTN8″ template=”horizontal”]
Fossil FS4545 Analog Dial Chronograph
[amazon fields=”B003R7JYFU” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_alt=”Fossil FS4545 Analog Dial Chronograph”]
One of the flashiest watches found on this list, the [amazon link=”B003R7JYFU” title=”Fossil FS4545″ /] is a bold and unapologetic timepiece that draws the attention of anyone passing by. This watch brings together all the features and functions that have previously been discussed in this list and adds a splash more color and style to it.
- With the time markings on the watch’s dial in rose gold and the genuine leather watch strap being a bold black with similarly toned stitching, the FS4545 is a visually stunning piece for the casual wearer.
- The date window is found at three o’clock whereas the rest of the chronograph dials lie behind the rose gold and white hands of the main watch dial.
[amazon box=”B003R7JYFU” template=”horizontal”]
Fossil Sport Cuff
[amazon fields=”B001T6OPZ0″ value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_alt=”Fossil Sport Cuff”]
As the name of this watch suggests, the [amazon link=”B001T6OPZ0″ title=”Fossil Sports Cuff” /] is one of best sports watches to be found on this list. It takes everything that Fossil has to offer the wearer, and adds enough to make it a credible and durable sports watch.
Back to the classic look of stainless steel watch casings and leather watch bands, except this time the colors have been spruced-up a bit. The display lens is eye-popping thanks to a slight blue tint. This makes the watch pop out of the silver on black color scheme.
- The fact that the Fossil Sports Cuff can reach a water resistance depth of up to 100 meters (330 feet) makes it a bit of a double-edged sword. It is a pro in that this is easily one of the highest water resistance rates and a con as it is still not suitable for divers.
- Having a blue-tinted dial lens to protect the watch display is stunning to look at and with it being a mineral based display, it holds a durable protection.
[amazon box=”B001T6OPZ0″ template=”horizontal”]
After looking through all the best Fossil watches available on the market today, we hope that you’ve been able to take away some valuable information about the Fossil brand and the range of watches that it has to offer you.
With careful consideration and attention to all that has been disclosed above, we feel that the best Fossil watch for men available on this list is the Fossil CH2600 Decker Chronograph.
The sleek and elegant design of the full stainless steel body is both beautiful to look at and gives the wearer a great amount of breathability and comfort.
Though like many of the watches found on the list, the Fossil CH2600 Decker Chronograph can only reach a water resistance depth of 50 meters (a total of 165 feet), it makes up for it with its classic three sub-dial set-up in the watch display and outer bezel tachymeter.
Though it does not brandish the classic looks of many of the Fossil watches that you have seen on this list, it takes on an elegance of its own making. Keeping the brand name and the features for itself, but also claiming individuality. An independence from the range.
The Fossil CH2600 Decker just seems to tick every box that we laid out for you earlier. It works as a casual wear, sportswear, and as a water companion. When looking around for a Fossil watch that best suits your needs as a wearer, remember to keep on the lookout for watches with deeper water resistance reaches, strong mineral constructed lens displays, and make sure that the watch casing is just the right size for your wrist. You have to wear it with comfort and style.